• perfect1
    perfect1

Maybe she is desperately poor.

The sign is in Tagalog.

• BlindersOff1
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If she is his bride ....Wow!

I only hope that she has the maturity to cope with a husband who has all the failings of a 60 yr old...and that he has the patience to deal with the needs of a young woman...If wife No.1 died after years of partnership, this girl (hot as she is) will not be a reprise of that woman.

Do you remember how Paul Mcartney made a disastrous marriage after Linda died?

But, I wish them well

• featherimiss
    featherimiss

I read this post and was wondering why is there a problem with consenting adults deciding to get married.

I have been dating my wonderful boyfriend for almost 2 years and he's 60 and I'm 44 yrs. I love it...it's the best relationship I've ever had. He's mature, not worried about career issues, he's financially stable, his children are grown, he's sexy and science created options for men that enables them to enjoy life until the very end...lol

And I don't blame the ladies..if I'm going to be bored silly with JW ish...may as well marry the old heavy hitters and see the world for free.

Boy I have something else to be Thankful for....Glad I'm no longer a Witness...the scrutiny that you have to deal with.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Featherimiss,

The scrutiny comes becos the "governing body" are held up to be the bastions of spirituality, including being able to suppress their physical desires, but here is a flaming example that this old man can't resist the desires of the flesh.

They put out talks and magazine articles about "remaining single until Armageddon" yet this old guy obviously doesn't believe the crap that he's responsible for printing.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

She resembles a high school gf, down to the hair even. The age difference is very apparent.

I just want to note that when my parents married almost immediately after WWII, they were ostracized in their KH for marrying when the time was so short. Many of the congregation members refused to talk to them and my parents still showed up. My father and uncles were forced to leave Bethel in disgrace (I expect they were delighted with that part but too indoctrinated to realize it). My mom said the whole situation changed radically when Nathan Knorr decided to marry. Changed immediately. Pronto. Right away.

Does anyone know if Knorr courted his wife, as in dates? Were they physical display of attraction? A business contract?

Perhaps it was his legendary stature but I can't imagine Knorr marrying anyone under any circumstances. In fact, I can't even imagine him having a personality. My elders hated him.

It is my understanding that Brother Knorr had an intimate relationship with a poodle . . .

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

At the end of the day, regardless of ages and whatever floats boats, the hoo har really is about why 1/8th of the Faithful slave desires to take a wife in the first place considering the very very very near at the door i can hear it breathing armageddon?

I would hope that at least a few get stumbled out by this.

I guess he just can't resist the desires incidental to youth advancing years...

oz

• scary21
    scary21

bump

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm thinking 1Kings 1:2

"So his attendants said to him, "Let us look for a young virgin to serve the king and take care of him. She can lie beside him so that our lord the king may keep warm."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit