How do I hear/feel God?

by doinmypart 473 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hail Thor!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

doinmypart Like many here, I have great empathy for your quandary.

Our sarcasm reflects our own disappointment. The difficulty I have is that we are expected to speak on God’s behalf in his, her, its absence.

We are not qualified to do so. Why does the being you are trying to talk, ignore you?

Absent, not bothered, too unreachably high, or non-existent? Take your pick!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Well, no-one can speak on God's behalf.

I know the WT pretends it does, but that is just their pretence, arrogance and mind-control.

It's entirely logical that you're not going to hear a voice JW's have already been conditioned to expect as a certain sort of voice. They've been told so many lies about God they probably are not going to recognise him even if he shouts.

Until the still small voice becomes audible, I strongly recommend Thor. He has many virtues.

Edit: I almost forgot the thunder:

• poppers
    poppers

The problem with the basic questions lies with what you think "God" is. People have all kinds of ideas about that, but those are just ideas, just thoughts. Can anyone say what "God" is with any certainty? I doubt it, but people are convinced they "know" God and they can be quick to tell others that they should have the same thoughts and beliefs as they do.

Perhaps whatever God truly is he/she/it "speaks" the language of silence, but because people are looking for some special and noteworthy communication based on false beliefs they can't hear the silence through the turmoil of their hearts and minds. Perhaps people need to learn the language of silence in order to "hear" what God is saying.

• cofty
    cofty
    Yes, but you are perhaps a law unto yourself, dear Cofty (peace to you!). Not everyone is. Not everyone can walk as a free person and NATURALLY display these qualities - Shelby

Bullshit.

What need does anybody have of belief in a supernatural busybody before they can demonstrate "Love, kindness, mercy, joy, peace, long-suffering, forgiveness, compassion, pity, mildness, self-control"?

Its sad to see adults describing themselves as slaves, servants and children. Time to grow up and take responsibility for how you behave.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Poppers - I've read the Power of Now and it seemed to speak about the same sort of thing...quieting self, being present, etc. I've tried that, but I guess I have ADD. I don't obsess and carry a lot of turmoil with me...on second thought the WTS still causes me some anger, but for the most part I'm fairly laid back and chilled. I just haven't figured out how to do the whole transcendental thing. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it...

Perhaps appreciating the beauty in my kids' smiles or holding my wife's hand is good enough.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

poppers So good to see you still posting. A voice of reason and calm in stormy seas.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Cofty...without the lord..... telling you how to behave the streets would be over run with savages. Goodness... the looting and pillaging Aguest got up to.... before the lord spoke to her is unspeakable. But how can you......... who manages to behave yourself without..... divine............. direction ........even begin to understand the true nature of............the.........human..............condition. You bloody simpleton.

Mushypeace be with you. (Bachelors minted or chip shop preferably)

• cofty
    cofty

Isn't amazing james to think that the Israelites were murdering, lying and stealing until Moses came down the mountain and said "wow guys guess what, all that stuff is wrong".

Now christians think not only did we need the law to telll us not to kill each other but without some magic stuff called "the spirit" we would be doing it regardless of the law.

I went to the chip shop tonight, smoked sausage and chips from The Cannon in Castlegate and ate them in the car up at Pierfield. yum!

Perhaps appreciating the beauty in my kids' smiles or holding my wife's hand is good enough.

This

• justmom
    justmom

Yes Cofty...

That is wonderful that you do. You are described in Romans 2: 14-16.. That law is already on your heart you just don't recognize where it comes from. You may also be described in Matthew 25: 34-40. That makes you a "sheep".

But as aguest mentioned, and as I too need help with these things as some do not come natural, I need the leading our our Lord to demonstrate these qualities. It is through Him that these qualities will be perfected. I personally don't choose to be perfected through any others means. (Been misled too long in that org)

thanks for that

justmom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit