God particle is 'found': Scientists at Cern expected to announce on Wednesday

by cantleave 78 Replies latest social current

• james_woods
    james_woods

BTW - has anybody else read the Leon Lederman sci-fi novel "The God Particle"?

I read it years ago, and if I recall it correctly the novel itself had nothing to do with the Higgs boson.

It was just a sci-fi story about a completely fictional particle.

• jam
    jam

Thanks, James and undercover, yes misleading and complicated.

• undercover
    undercover

has anybody else read the Leon Lederman sci-fi novel "The God Particle"?

No, but I did read The God Participle. It left me kinda hanging...

• james_woods
    james_woods

You Wibbled without being on Wibble there, Undercover.

• undercover
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It's the god particle because it comes closer to confirming the possibility of a Universe popping into existence from nothing through quantum mechanics (which was theoretically proven a couple of decades ago) without resorting to a god.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    I wouldn't normally be seen dead reading that toxic, bigotted brain cell destroying, rag.

Phew!

Cantleave, my faith is restored!

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon
    I wouldn't normally be seen dead reading that toxic, bigotted brain cell destroying, rag.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Well, what can you read now the Daily Sport is no longer around?

• mind blown
    mind blown

Thanx for posting.....I love science!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It's the god particle because it comes closer to confirming the possibility of a Universe popping into existence from nothing through quantum mechanics (which was theoretically proven a couple of decades ago) without resorting to a god.

On the other hand, could explain how the universe began, with resorting to a god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit