Latest convention brochure on,,, the Governing Body

by cedars 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

So, to summarize the brochure:

Early ChristiansGoverning Body Of JW's
    Title Given to Themselves, by Themselves:None. The Apostles were named/recognized by Jesus, and the "older men" were known only as "the older men"."Governing Body"
    Members Chosen By: Apostles hand-picked by JesusMembers elected by other members - Jesus does not come from heaven to pick them.
    Group Also Includes:Older men from the nearby regions.Nobody, decisions are made by a tiny minority.
    Decisions are Made:When UnanimousWhen 3/4 Majority

Brochure's Conclusion: "These two groups are the same."

Well. I'm certainly convinced.

- Lime

• sabastious
    sabastious

I get it. The first picture goes with the second and therefore it's the Apostles of old in modern day form that send letters to the Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses.

-Sab

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Are they lying or have they changed the rules?

The WTS. has always been lying in establishing its supposed identity as god's chosen earthly organization.

The biggest lie in this particular article comes out when it states that the GB has intense interest in the word of God,

when they really don't, what they do have intense interest is maintaining and sustaining their religious publishing house for which they

are the chief executive editors and directors of. Their sole interest lies in the progressive expansion of this pretentious publishing house.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

What is that wire scroll holder thing in the second picture? Is there any historical credibility to the furniture in the pictures?

I love how the second one is set up to look like a 1st century version of a kingdom hall, with the woman sitting and listening, the man standing and being manly, etc.

• Ding
    Ding

Interesting, then, that Fred Franz gave a speech (at Gilead, I think) in which he said there was no first century Governing Body.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The other thing that is also being implied is their own exclusivity of power, which is very important to any religious leader.

We have the power and dominion over all mankind by virtue of god choosing us through his holy spirit .....of course.

• donuthole
    donuthole

The Governing Body is certainly being elevated more and more over the Faithful & Discreet Slave. My predicition is that the FDS will be redefined to be the Governing Body, the house is the anointed, and the belongings as the other sheep.

• cedars
    cedars

It's interesting how the preceding page of this 2012 brochure discusses the "Faithful Slave Class" and depicts them by showing two guys who are now dead...

slave class

I also love how it insists that the slave class is "discreet about how it wisely cares for Christ's interests on earth". You mean, like building a multi-million dollar new world headquarters without being sure of God's direction?

http://ex-jw.com/governing-body-admits-doubts-over-new-headquarters-plans

Cedars

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Outlaw, I always liked how in the magazines they showed the 1st century christians going door-to-door with scrolls. Makes no frickin' sense.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I sure wouldn't want their job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit