Latest convention brochure on,,, the Governing Body

by cedars 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

I've finally get my hands on a PDF of one of the two newly released brochures, this one entitled "Who Are Doing Jehovah's Will Today?"

Here's a link so you can download your own copy...

http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/98881625/file.html

Predictably, the brochure is extremely vague on key topics. There are few better examples of this "brevity" than the discussion of the Governing Body on page 23.

Here is the page in full...

gb 1

gb 2

It's interesting how no attempt is made whatsoever to explain why or how the Governing Body received its mandate to direct the organization. The logic is simply: "There was a governing body in the first century (even though there wasn't), therefore there is also one today!" Aside from mentioning that the Governing Body members are "anointed" and serve "along with all anointed Christians", absolutely NO mention is made of the "Faithful Discreet Slave" or "Slave Class" (which has already been introduced on the previous page) or what relationship it has to the Governing Body. It's almost as though the traditional argumentation that the Governing Body "represents" the Slave Class is entirely abandoned in this brochure. The FDS is thus relegated into a shadowy second place.

The picture captions and the "find out more" box are also interesting. The writers of the brochure shamelessly try to convey the idea that "Governing Body" is a biblical term, when it clearly isn't. As you will all be aware, the term "Governing Body" appears nowhere in the scriptures - only "the Apostles and older men".

Is it just me, or is this a perfect example of the Society's publications being dumbed down so as to dissuade people from asking probing questions about the JW leadership?

(As always, if you haven't already participated in the 2012 JW Survey, please do so!)

Cedars

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Who was the Governing Body before the JW's came about? By there logic there should always have been one.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I don't recall a mention of a Governing Body in the Bible. Watchtower just made this sh*t up. Like alot of their other doctrines.

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I guess i need google crome but I will use firefox to post:

The GB are desperatly trying to direct attention away from their failed predictions to loyalty and unqestioning trust to them and their position and thus avoid a complete melt down in their organizational structure.

Some of their doings in this reguard I'm sure,, they are completely unconscious of,, do to their delusional neuroses of being the God's spokes persons to the world,, they have a lot of supression going on in their own psyches.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ rewrites Biblical History..

Even thou it`s never mentioned in the Bible..

Lets tell everyone the Apostles were a Governing Body..

Who`s gonna notice?..

The apostles agreed on everything..We don`t know that for sure but..

Who`s gonna notice?

Unlike the Apostles..The WBT$ GB only needs a 2/3rds vote to pass something..

Who`s gonna notice?..

In a time when few people could read or write and paper was expensive..

The WBT$ depicts illiterate christians reading expensive scrolls..

Who`s gonna notice?..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The brochure appears to claim that the governing body works on the basis of unanimous decision making led by holy spirit. That would contradict Raymond Franz's testimony about the governing body working on the basis of needing a two thirds majority to make changes. Are they lying or have they changed the rules? I wonder if this comment was intended to refute Crisis of Conscience for those in the know.

• cedars
    cedars

Well spotted OUTLAW and slimboyfat - this page does deliberately promote the impression that Governing Body decisions are reached unanimously. It describes the decisions of the First Century "governing body" as being unanimous, and then boldly claims: "That pattern is followed today." A bare-faced lie if ever there was one.

Cedars

• designs
    designs

The Wt. Society likes to try and make a connection through individuals like Bishop Arius and Unitarians like Servetus, its a leap on lilly pads but there you go.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Are they lying or have they changed the rules?...SBF

It`s lying by implying..

Create a fictional ancient WBT$ Governing Body,say they agreed on everything..

Make no mention of how things really work in the WBT$..

JW`s thoughtlessly accept it..

Mission Accomplished..

A new WBT$ Fabrication accepted by JW`s as Truth..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit