A question specially for ladies ...

by Dudu 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dudu
    Dudu

did you change the way you dress after leaving the WT?

• talesin
    talesin

Yes! No more high heels, no pantyhose, and I could choose to wear my hippy clothes (torn jeans, hospital greens, or whatever), and also, no make up. The necessity to be a 'barbie doll' was gone.

tal

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I don't own a single dress or skirt. I have summery dresses, but the are the kind that would never be allowed in a KH.

I haven't worn pantyhose since I left.

I now have purple hair.

Danmera aka blond-moment

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

No skirts and dresses and uncomfortable shoes anymore!!!

And I have a tattoo now :-)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes, my skirts and dresses got shorter and any opportunity to show cleavage was taken.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

My style didn't change too much, I still like wearing pretty shoes and dresses. I think the major change was, I wasn't worried I was going to stumble someone. My personal style is pretty conservative. Except when I am trying to entice Para, then the cleavage is put on display ! wink wink

Oh! clothes shopping is so much more fun when you aren't limited to buying clothes that can be worn to work and to the kingdom hall. It used to be that all I had in my closet was boring stuff with a few pairs of jeans. Why bother with anything else and I couldn't afford to spend money on clothes that had no purpose. I was probably the only 21 year old who didn't have a party dress/top to go out in.

Bobbi

• talesin
    talesin

danmera and anyone else -- do you think a 50-something old lady can sport purple hair? I am thinking of bleaching out a large chunk and colouring it purple! :D

• Dudu
    Dudu

Cool to hear, i am in the process of reshaping my style , :)

• talesin
    talesin

Nika - a tat! That is another one I am hesitating on because of my age. I have one designed, but ....

;)

Dudu, isn't it great? You can be who you want to be now. Choose your own 'style'. One thing I really enjoy, is getting dressed up. I don't do it often, but when I put on the "JW PURFECT GURL" persona, with all the bells and whistles, people sometimes don't even recognize me with makeup and all that goes with it. Life is much more fun, when you can choose how you want to look/be on a certain day.

xo

tal

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Purple hair? Cleavage? No panty hose? Shorter skirts?

tarts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit