A question specially for ladies ...

by Dudu 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• sherah
    sherah

Yes, my skirts and dresses got shorter and any opportunity to show cleavage was taken

I concur!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, I only dress up for weddings, funerals and job interviews. If I dress for a concert or say new year's eve, I may jazz things up a bit, but NO pantyhose, which means tights or knee socks and an ankle length skirt or a turtleneck, jeans or black jeans and maybe a hairpiece worn as a small beehive and a long, over the shoulder ponytail and dangley earrings.

I dress very subtlely feminine and sometimes slightly earth mamma. I hate shoes and only wear them if it's necessary. I do wear make up and perfume some days and I wear jewelry sometimes.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I've lost nearly 90 pounds in the last year, a large chunk of that since I exited the borg. I have not really changed what I wear to work, mostly long, loose skirts and crew neck short sleeve sweaters. I haven't worn pantyhose or heels in years, and I've never been comfortable in anything resembling a short skirt. I have bought a few new things, and other than being smaller and not so baggy, they really aren't much different than what I wore when I was a dub. I did dig out a couple of old tops from 10 years ago (I know - crazy that I kept them all this time) which are tighter and have a bit of a v-neck. I wore one to the office (where I don't usually actually go) with a push up bra (which might have been overkill, but it was the last clean one in the drawer) and tight (for me) jeans. The office lady's eyes nearly popped out of her head. It was rather gratifying, I must say.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Yes! No more high heels, no pantyhose, and I could choose to wear my hippy clothes (torn jeans, hospital greens, or whatever), and also, no make up. The necessity to be a 'barbie doll' was gone.

You are awesome talesin.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

tattoo, piercings, and an ankh pendant. Oh, and I go to a UU church where I can wear jeans.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I got rid of every flowered skirt, sweater set, coats that were "good for service", boots that were "good for sevice". I spent my 20's and 30's in ankle length skirts, panty hose and enclosed dress shoes......how sad! Also I have not painted my fingernails since I left, just too many bad memories of Saturday night spent studying the tower (underlining) and doing my nails. We have a lot more money to spend on cool clothes for the kids now that we don't have to keep them in suits, sport coats, ties and bookbags, yikes! NMKA

• harleybear
    harleybear

Oh GOOOOD yes!!! Got my first tatoo at 50. You are never too old but really think about what and where you want it. All mine (4) were given a great deal of thought and were selected because of either special meaning or purpose. My favorite one is covering a nasty scar. And for the hair GO!!!!!! purple. I wacked my hair off, spike the hell out of it and it is very very sexy red. What skirts and dresses I have are fun, flattering and sexy. Cleavage is good. I still have a couple of suits as sometimes for my work I have to be a grown up. Short shorts, crazy boots. What is such a crack up was yesterday my husband and I went on a biker poker run and we were in a littlet own when we stopped to get gas. Imagine the irony to see the little car group of JW's walking into a coffee shop at 10:30 for their break. They could not get into the safety of the cafe away from those ratty bikers. We just died laughing. God it never changes does it???? GO GIRLS. Next thing ya got to do is buy a bike and I do not mean bicycle!! Harley Bear ridin free yaaa hoooo

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Tailsin, I don't see why not? I'm 46. I had wanted to do this ever since I was a teenager myself, then my teenage (not teenage anymore) daughter dyed her hair, really wanted to do it.

I know many, much older than myself, who have colored their hair in fun ways. I'm just getting at the age where, I don't care, I am not hurting anyone else, and it makes me happy.

• finally awake
    finally awake

If my job would allow it, I'd dye my hair pink.

• mouthy
    mouthy

No more long skirts, slacks at all times..comfy shoes ,t.shirts with EX Jw on it or "Help the abused children."

Dont need to show my clevage it is in between my knees at this age...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit