A question specially for ladies ...

by Dudu 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

What I like is that you have the freedom to wear whatever you desire. There are days I wear black tights, black long top, my black doc martin boots, do the hair wild and dark make up. Then there are days I wear flowy skirts, hair in pigs and sandles, tight jeans are a must!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always been on the wild side with my hair - I just don't get counciled for it now

• talesin
    talesin

I love this thread!

AK - ahahahaha! Good one!

re ties - if you have to wear one for work. My dad taught me this - if your tie is choking you, you are buying a shirt that is too small around the neck. Two fingers should fit between your collar and your skin. just sayin .. and it might be helpful to anyone reading. :))

• harleybear
    harleybear

AK: That was great. I am sure you are glad you did not "get" a brother with you shoes . I caved in and wore the shoes and pantyhose and did marry a "brother". After being married to him for almost 6 years and putting up with his womenizing (at least 12 affairs that I know of) gambling, smoking, verbal abuse (I was too fat, too short, too everything) I divorced the jerk. The ORG decided I was bad and PR me.

Well I lost a bunch of weight (not counting his 178 lbs,) I did not grow but 5'7" isn't short. In my mororcycle boots I am 5'9"

I remarried by current husband who I adore and who loves me just the way I am. Oh by the way my ex I heard is a circuit overseer. Figures doesn't it?

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Holy crap, Harley~12 affairs that you know of and was otherwise abusive as well and YOU were the one reproved So friggin DISGUSTING!

Mmm motorcylce boots. NOW you're talkin. Sounds like some good ol kick your ass boots to wear. Would I look weird buying a pair without having a cycle? lol Sex-ay!

Glad you finally got a man who appreciates and loves you for just being you. Great feeling, isn't it?

As for the asshole..so, he's now a CO, eh? Riiiight. There's no good ol boys club. Jehovah sure does bless the Org with such noble, humble men, doesn't he?

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

harleybear, womamnizer+gambler+smoker+verbal abuser=Circuit Overseer of Jehovah's Witnesses. Sonds like he is a better con artist than average JW elders.

tal, I love your shoes.

I was a model modest JW dresser. Now I watch 'Rachael Zoe' show all the time and am having fun in covering my birthday suit.

I sure love to see before and after photos of you ladies if you feel comfortable with it.

• Starr_Kachina
    Starr_Kachina

Absolutely NO pantyhose, no "slips" (my mother felt that a dress worn w/o a slip was just totally scandalous) and NO dresses unless it's an evening gown for New Year's or something like that.

I have a nose piercing and love it!

No tattoos, but I'm not opposed to them.

I don't wear t-shirts over my bathing suits anymore.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I dress modestly, but now it is MY choice-I don't have elders or my mom telling me what is appropriate-I decided that for my self based on MY standards, not anyone elses. My standards are more modest, but more stylish than JWs generally, so I'm pretty happy. One thing-I NEVER wear anything that my mom might ever have worn to a meeting. NOTHING that looks like a meeting outfit or a purse that my mom would have carried. EVER. I am particularly careful about patterns on skirts that remind me of my mom's old favorites and the classic "book bag" which, as a reader and a student now, handicaps me a bit, but I avoid anything that looks like I might see it in a Kingdom Hall. That is my standard:)

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

No dresses (unless you count a cover-up muumuu that I wear to go to the pool/beach). I stopped wearing pantyhose while I was a dub, though. No WAY was I wearing something that didn't let my hoohoo breathe! That's how you get infections (yeast, UTI's, etc). Plus the road rash I'd get from my thighs rubbing together all day walking around at an assembly or DC... That was one area I defected.

No "modest" attire...not even a modest bathing suit. My swimsuit shows so much cleavage (and I'm not exactly small chest-wise) and I wear it proudly lol. Same with shirts, I don't look for shirts that don't show cleavage...if I like a shirt, I buy it and wear it, no matter what it shows up top.

I also went nuts with my hair...short and spiky, blue-black, and streaked with whatever color suited my mood.

And I got piercings. Tats are next!

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Morbidz~You go girl! I like spikey hair, too. I CANNOT leave the house without mousse & gel. If I do, (becuz I forgot I ran out of one or the other) I am not a happy camper. Strangely though, everyone seems to like my hair without all the gunk in it. I am OCD about my hair, though..really. lol

Do you have a pic on the "nice to meet you" thread? I'd love to see a pic of you

• harleybear
    harleybear

AK get the boots girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit