A question specially for ladies ...

by Dudu 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Ah I love dresses still...but not the stuffy conservative dresses w/ pantyhose that I used to wear at the hall, I love the "ladylike" or pin-up girl style with shorter 50's style dresses (I get a lot of them at modcloth.com). Oh, and I love shoes that show off my tattoo that is on the top of my foot. I agree with other posters that it is fun to shop and buy clothes that you like and not give one thought as to the possibility of "stumbling" someone.

Have fun reinventing yourself!

CHG

• harleybear
    harleybear

In regards to the delightful poem. It is the Red Hat Society. Don't freak about the word Society, they are really great. Over 50 you can wear red hats and purple. If I am not mistaken the young ones can wear pink hats and lavender. I have the wackiest sunglasses red and purple rinestones and I wear a red and purple boa on my bike. Get some interesting looks.

Have to ask??? how many of you gals remember wearing the god awful heels at the district assemblies? Looking just so to get a "brother" to notice you? Perfect hair, dresses, 5 miserable days, just to find a "mate"!! BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a crock. MATE??????? what are we geese????

• talesin
    talesin

harleybear - I had a pair like this, only they were blue suede! Gawd! I have not done that to my feet for over 35 years.

• harleybear
    harleybear

ouch

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I know this thread is more for the ladies but guess what? To HELL with neckties!

• JWOP
    JWOP

I'm under the impression that neckties are as bad for the guys at pantyhose are for us girls, LOL!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I have no problem with wearing a tie. I am required to, most of the time for work. I love to collect them. One thing that came from being a Witness is being able to tie a double windsor with a perfect dimple.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I started caring about my appearance more, oddly enough. I was stuck in a rut of 'you'll look great again in the new system' or the 'Jehovah loves the secret person of the heart', 'charm may be false and prettiness may be vain', thing. But now, I've been taking better care of myself, wearing makeup more often. I wear dresses a lot in the summer, rather than shorts, comfy, attractive dresses that are a little above the knee. My legs and shorts do not go together LOL! They scare even me!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

The Mrs ditched the pantyhose and heels. Much make-up replaced by a BIG SMILE.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I really like this thread. It seems every woman has ditched the pantyhose...count me in, too! As for clothes..threw out all the dresses and all but one skirt, in case of an emergency funeral or something important. My style varies. I like anything from cotton/sweatpants to dress pants, blouse and a blazer. I mainly dress like I did growing up in the 80's meaning, jeans with a t-shirt and buttoned downed, opened shirt over it or a t-shirt and blazer, wearing either gym shoes or thick-healed shoes. I would like to get a really nice pant suit, and high tops (not to be worn at the same time, tho..lol)

I Still don't wear any makeup, except once in a blue moon I will wear lipstick, and then it has to be light pink..mmm I look yummy! LOL

My blonde hair used to be 3/4's down my back. As I got older, I cut it. Left the Org with it shoulder length. The last few years it has been quite short, and probably looks really dykish I'm letting it grow out one last time, and will try to get it long enuf to donate. After that, I'm chopping it off shorter than it has ever been! Why? Cuz I can, dammit! And boy, does that feel good!

Harleybear~your comment reminded me of an elder's wife (was supposed to be a good friend) who actually did tell me that I would never get a brother wearing the shoes I was. For one, I have bad ankles and wasn't going to risk spraining them wearing these skinny minny 3-4" heals. Furthermore, I was never interested in wearing them, but I did wear thicker heals, or flats at times. She was right tho. I never did end up with a brother, but maybe that's cuz I was more interested in the sisters? lmao

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit