David Cameron Confronts Cristina Fernandez (UK v Argentina)

by cofty 182 Replies latest social current

• cedars
    cedars

There is a difference between disputing someone's argument and trying to get them to stop expressing their point of view.

Yes there is, but that isn't the case here, and it never has been on any other thread. There seems to be a marked disparity between your interpretation of events on this forum and reality.

I merely expressed the opinion that by fueling LMSA with arguments people were giving her a platform on which she revels. It's a strong opinion, but a mere opinion nontheless.

I make no apologies.

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What you said was:

Sorry LMSA - I'm just fed up with you flogging your bizarre ideas on the Falklands and leaving the JW-related threads comparitively untouched.
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Hey! I only said baton once! Thanks for the pic, though.

Aha, Charliko... The cavalry has come riding in like an old spaghetti Western. It's too bad about good ol' Moshe, isn't it? At least I can say that he had some wit to him. I have to admit, I had to stifle a few giggles myself when that guy got going. Lost your partner in crime, eh? (Well, to be fair, the senior partner in that relationship) Moshe was the prototypical Latin American flamboyant variety show host to your cheesy and dimwitted sidekick. You know, the guy who sits on the sofa and cackles on in great agreement, and who wears bright clothing and clown hair. Ah, the good ol days! Well, you've got me pegged. If I am who you say I am, and what you accuse me of doing here is correct, that was a damn good hatchet job... don't you think? To think, all this speculation as to who I am and so on and not once have we speculated upon your person, Charliko. Well, Grandma, your cats could use some attention right about now.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I think that Cedars has a point here, and again:

I really, REALLY, wish that Las Malvinas would grace us with at least a bump of her non-Falklands threads or thoughts...

Honestly, the Flaklands are about the last thing on most JWN poster's minds.

• cedars
    cedars

What you said was:

Sorry LMSA - I'm just fed up with you flogging your bizarre ideas on the Falklands and leaving the JW-related threads comparitively untouched.

Yes, and your point is....? It's an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here was I thinking this was a discussion forum where opinions can be exchanged...

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am missing Newsnight. Night folks.

• cedars
    cedars

I am missing Newsnight. Night folks.

Predictable.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

LMSA

Well, Grandma, your cats could use some attention right about now.

Would you mind explaining this comment? It sounds like you're being extremely patronizing and dishing out a deeply personal and age-related insult.

Cedars

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    There is a difference between disputing someone's argument and trying to get them to stop expressing their point of view.

The thing is, slimboyfat, while it may truly be her point of view, indeed probably is, she's also toeing the party/national line. That's all she's doing. As she's told.

Best, really, not to play her game, either in providing entertainment with an altercation or even continuing the debate she intended to arouse, though she certainly knows very well how to irriitate and annoy.

Bit like a mosquito, when you think about it.

• cedars
    cedars

LMSA

Moshe was the prototypical Latin American flamboyant variety show host to your cheesy and dimwitted sidekick.

Did you also call Chariklo "cheesy" and "dim-witted"?

Please clarify.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit