David Cameron Confronts Cristina Fernandez (UK v Argentina)

by cofty 182 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Cameron briefly confronted the Argentine president Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner when they met at the G20 meeting in Mexico today.

The prime minister told Ms Fernandez she should "respect the views" of islanders who are taking part in a referendum on the issue of control. - Read more at BBC...

I never thought I would offer praise of a Tory leader but hey credit where its due.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Agreed - Cameron has been impressive over this issue.

• Diest
    Diest

He did a nice job taking the high road.

• cedars
    cedars

There we go, bulldog spirit and all that!!

Cedars

• cofty
    cofty

Walking away when she brandished a letter at him about the UN resolution was impressive. Most politicians would have dithered.

• cedars
    cedars

"Ms Kirchner is said to have responded with 'ramblings'."

I'm a bit disappointed - that proves it couldn't have been LMSA! lol

Cedars

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

LOL, Cedars!

I know!

Since we had the dubious privilege of our own exposure to the issue, I've been following the whole Falklands thing very closely indeed, but have avoided posting anything to avoid the reaction from last time.

Like you, Cofty, I never expected tp applaud a Tory PM, but credit where it's due, he's done a good job.

Now I'll go and find a helmet to ward off the oncoming flak....

• cedars
    cedars

Covered on Sky News...

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16249856

I like Cameron's comments in the press conference.

Cedars

• St George of England
    St George of England

If things do get too hairy for Cameron we can always pull Dame Thatcher out of retirement to show him how to do it.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the woman is unhinged. Fortunately I have read Argentina does not have an army or navy to speak of or else she would probably use it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit