Some of you aren't going to like this news, but here goes...

by AndersonsInfo 205 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Barbara was saying that you cannot bring religion into these suit because of the First Ammendment, Freedom of Religion. Said she had to write something to explain why some of those other lawsuits were lost and more infor

about other lawsuits.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jim McCabe, an attorney for the congregation, said he planned to appeal the jury's decision.

"The Jehovah's Witnesses hate child abuse and believe it's a plague on humanity," McCabe told the Tribune. "Jonathan Kendrick was not a leader or a pastor, he was just a rank-and-file member. This is a tragic case where a member of a religious group has brought liability on the group for actions he alone may have taken."

If the organization hates child abuse that much why didn't they report this person to the proper authorities to rid this individual

from their congregation along with his heinous crimes ?

The Truth of the matter is the organization is set up to cover over peoples crimes to protect the name and image of their religious

organization, their public image is far more important to uphold, than to protect children from perpetrators who might very well

be exploiting this situation of cover over, by the WTS. organization.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I haven't listened to one of Rick's shows in a long time, even before the controversy here on JWN. The shows were too long, and eventually I began to feel that Rick's zeal was misdirected. I hope he has changed his tactics, because despite how crazy he may have seemed, he really wants the Watch Tower to fall.

That being said, I believe the old man with raspy voice, about whom some were commenting on this thread, is more than likely Richard Rawe. If it was indeed him, please appreciate that he has been an opponent to the Watch Tower for longer than some of us have been on this planet. He was fighting the good fight before the internet's common usage and even before the Ray Franz incident. If memory serves me correctly, he was so vocal about the Watch Tower's vileness, that a Broadway play based on his experience was done.

Here is a link with his story: http://www.xjw.com/rawe-df.html

• talesin
    talesin

Talesin, I did not know Rick Fearson before now, but I agree he did and is doing a good job.

I didn't either, panhandle, but I don't like the mean-spirited way that people make fun of him. I'm glad things went well tonite,,, I am always ready to give someone a chance. From what I have heard, although misguided, his heart is in the right place.

Listen up peeps, you could give credit where credit is due, for a change.

When someone does a good job, don't dwell on the past, and let them know that they have done a good turn!

xo

tal

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Hey Barbara is talking about JWN and quoted some of the posts made here.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

if Rick is truly interested in mending fenses, he could simply offer an apology to JWN, as well as the LGBT ex-JW community. its as simple as that and it would go a long way.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Good thing that Rick Fearon had a big time out here on JWN. I am sure it has changed him for good, I hope.

• talesin
    talesin

Barbara, thank you for ALL that you do; you are a role model for me.

I have offered my services in this fight, more than once, and have been patted on the head and ignored, but in my own community, I have done work to help adult survivors, and I admire you greatly for all you have done for us.

I also like the fact that you, Blondie, and Lady Lee, at least, get some recognition, and are included in the 'behind the scenes' plans --- most of the focus here is on ex-elders, and those of us women who could help are pushed aside. You are a strong voice for women in the fight against the b'Org, and I admire and respect you a lot.

xo

tal

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

He was fighting the good fight before the internet's common usage and even before the Ray Franz incident. If memory serves me correctly, he was so vocal about the Watch Tower's vileness, that a Broadway play based on his experience was done.

Here is a link with his story: http://www.xjw.com/rawe-df.html

Thank you for the info, Barbara mentioned that he had been fighting for abused ones for many years. I am sure he is a fine man. I will check out your link.

• Kudra
    Kudra

I will check out Richard Rawe as well -It looks like he has quite a history and should be respected for his work and what he has gone through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit