Thought Reform and the Psychology of the 'Safeguard Your Heart!' 2012 Convention

by breakfast of champions 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I haven't read anything but the original post, but I liked it, well done.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DOC - no, never question the Faithful and Discreet Slave! It would be awful! Don't do it.

BOC, you are SO right. The awful scene is the alarms would sound as they show you right out the EXIT door!

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord . . . . . .

Doc

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Right about now, folks around the world will be coming home from the 'Safeguard Your Heart 2012 Convention,' refreshed from a weekend of hot, humid stadiums and deep thought reform. "What thought reform?" you ask. Read my original post.

UNCONFUSED - thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

DOC - no, wouldn't want to create a scene. . .

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow, that went fast! Is it already the eve of yet another weekend of thought reform at the "Safeguard Your Heart!" District Convention? While you pack your lunch and gas up the car, read my original post.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just occurred to me that the "Safeguard Your Heart" convention is still going on. . . My brain has been locked into "LOGIC" mode for summer class. For anyone who has attended or is about to attend, follow the link to my original post.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Best convention yet!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This particular talk is in line with the WTS.'s previous talks regarding having the proper heart condition.

Its a reformed 2012 updated version of the same subject.

Do you have the proper heart condition that God's looking for regarding his will and purpose for all mankind ?

It also steps right into the similar guilt aspect as the older version once did.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    Once Jehovah witnesses and apologist realize that real truth don't change
    and brighter light only adds not take away...." Was Blind, page 1

Great points, Was Blind...

Gave me an idea - tho I'll bet some people have already used this small illustration...

Next time a JW comes to my door, I'm going to ask them about 1975. When they dither, I"m going to say, "So you people think that "truth" is modified as time goes by?"

We can all agree that gravity is one of "god's" truths? Why don't we see gravity changing? And "light"?? The sun's light is another of "god's" truths, right? It hasn't changed in thousands of years either, has it? Hasn't gotten brighter, hasn't changed color..."

Of course, I'm relying upon the typical JW's tendency to just accept what the Watchtower says about the bible's "scientific" accuracy. On the other hand, if I run into a JW science geek, I may be able to have some REAL fun!!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "As for interpreting the LIE-ble, give me the first three chapters of Genesis alone and I can prove right from their own LIE-ble that Jehovah is a tyrant and Satan is your Savior. ..." WTWizard, page #1

Not to mention the blazingly obvious scientific errors within the first 20 verses of the first chapter of Genesis alone...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit