Thought Reform and the Psychology of the 'Safeguard Your Heart!' 2012 Convention

by breakfast of champions 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

thread

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks for all the comments! Glad everyone enjoyed my mini "research project"

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I LOVE MY WIFE!!!

So I Google news her the story about the child abuse case. Her reaction?

"If they cover up child abuse, they're getting what they deserve!" and "They want us to 'Safeguard Our Hearts' and they're safeguarding monsters!"

Made my weekend

• baltar447
    baltar447

Happy for ya, BOC!

• Quendi
    Quendi

On the first page of this thread I wrote concerning rank-and-file Witnesses, "I wish they would wake up and walk out of this despicable cult but I know it will take a catastrophic public scandal to shake sense into them." Lo and behold! A public scandal has emerged right during the convention season. Whether it will be "catastrophic" in nature remains to be seen but I take heart in the wife of breakfast of champions. She sounded disgusted, and maybe, just maybe others will react with the same kind of righteous indignation. If they can do that, they've taken their first step out of spiritual prison and into a much larger world.

Quendi

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

-Jesus said "He that is not on my side is against me"

I wonder if there was a footnote for the speaker to quietly avoid Mark 9:40: "for he that is not against us is for us."

For the gullible, the Bible is great for 'proving'... just about anything.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Thank you, BOC. You brought back fond memories of the only DC I attended while mentally out, but I'm too lazy to look for that thread (it's been years).

wasblind, I think this might be my favorite JWN sentence of all time: " MoFo's can't count."

I usually go with "honky mofo's", but I can get away with that ;-)

• smiddy
    smiddy

That was very well put BOC , have you shown your wife this analysis ? You never know. Just asking.

smiddy

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

QUENDI - you must have some sort of prophetic powers or something!

SMIDDY - I doubt she is prepared to read my analysis, but I do plan on discussing my notes with her and asking questions. I think a person needs to come to the conclusion that their lifelong religion is a cult on their own - it can't be pressured. Between Sparlock and the Pedo verdict, the Society itself is doing most of the heavy lifting for me!

Again, thanks for everyone's positive remarks.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

A bump for MR FACTS. Think about this thread when you attend your District Convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit