Thought Reform and the Psychology of the 'Safeguard Your Heart!' 2012 Convention

by breakfast of champions 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I'm almost tempted to do an old-fashioned aposta-picket at a DC with a sign saying, "Don't worry about your heart... SAFEGUARD YOUR CHILDREN!!!" ..." Billy the Ex-Bethelite, page 2

Ya know.... THAT'S a picket line that I'd cheerfully join!!

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

i live by the motto that truth never changes because its too hard keeping up with all the lies. when you only tell the truth you have nothing to keep track of. remembering facts is enough to answer anyone. Lies catch up with you and one would think someone in NY would realize this and just stop but they cant. now they have to keep everyone in line so they are too afraid to ask the questions about the lies. so glad i dont have to endure another DC. my heart is mine. not sharing it with a hypocritical cult.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I am enjoying your post all over again, BOC. I'm writing up notes for hubby, and I was struck by the insigtfulness of your analysis. The speakers drone on so, I often have trouble breaking down what is WRONG with the pudding." Jgnat, page 3

I suspect that they drone on for a reason...

Had a similar experience when talking to a tech manager from Best Buy - the guy had the most boring monotone voice I've ever heard, outside the JW organization. I found his voice to be quite hypnotic, and I think he knew it. He was practically putting me to sleep on my feet - but fortunately I'm a person who HATES being bored to tears, so I interrupted him a couple of times as he droned on to 'cut to the chase'.

Regarding the Watchtower borg, they have apparently realized the value of putting people into a relaxed, semi-hypnotic state...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hear hear, Joyful fader!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Breakfast of Champions, I've read your whole thread, and I think it's

great

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I missed this thread when it was posted. Marking so I can start my day off right tomorrow morning. So looking forward to all 5 pages.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Best of luck to all who must endure this tomorrow!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

BOC...Enjoyed reading this so much, excellent analysis!

The comment "The heart naturally inclines to "bad", and is attracted to "wrong". I could not disagree more. I have been in the "world" for 6 years, and maybe I just have great friends, neighbors, workmates and family, but most everyone I know is inclined to good (Okay, there is a bad apple here and there). And attracted to wrong??? Do you think they meant that the majority are attracted to "FUN"? Which of course is "Wrong"

Anyway, thank you very much!

And many thanks to Aussie Oz for making me laugh so hard with this comment..............

Are there perhaps rumblings among the faithful with 2014 so close? I can imagine the question: has Jesus really spent one tenth of his thousand year reign doing bugger all?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks to MAGWICH, ZIDDINIA and all the rest. . .

From Anchorage AK to Lihue HI, the 2012 "Safeguard Your Heart" district convention marches on. If you are lucky enough to attend, take good notes and compare them to mine.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Will the madness that is the 2012 Discrap Crapvention ever end?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit