Thought Reform and the Psychology of the 'Safeguard Your Heart!' 2012 Convention

by breakfast of champions 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

good observations, BOC.

Randy

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm not going. I hope my mother doesn't try to guilt me in going Sunday. Everything about the conventions makes me ill. I always couldn't wait until it was over.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

DOGPATCH - thanks!

EMPTYINSIDE - I can understand not wanting to be guilted into the attending the convention. It's pretty tough to stomach even without the guilt. What I commented on here was just from Fridays session - I spent a lot of Saturday at the local Starbucks!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

For those who will be ruining a perfect 4th of July holiday week with the District Convention tomorrow, here's an analysis of the program that may make it go more quickly - at least for a couple hours:'Thought Reform and the Psychology of the Safeguard Your Heart 2012 Convention'

• clarity
    clarity

bump

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Make sure you get a good night's rest so you're all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the the fine spiritual banquet tomorrow! Wouldn't want to be drowsy and miss Thought Reform at its finest. See a preview here: 'Thought Reform and the Psychology of the Safeguard Your Heart 2012 Convention'

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

...and be sure to transfer your booze to non-glass containers beforehand. And bring noisy snacks for during the program. Bring a huge lunch and make a tailgate party out of the noon break.

• flipper
    flipper

BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS- Excellent thread and observations of which I entirely agree with ! You are dead on, hitting the nail on the head of the WT society's leaders motives involving deception and manipulation of JW members. If they can get JW's to doubt themselves by tearing down their individuality and causing them to mistrust their inner own authentic self or heart - they successfully create robots who are programmed automatically to be bobblehead dolls at meetings who nod unconsciously at every word being spewed from the platform. It's really like these Witnesses have had a lobotomy performed on their minds and the cult replacement minds that inhabit their skulls are a vast , empty wasteland being filled and re-filled with WT society propaganda. It's unethical, criminal, and dangerously mind controlling junk that gets drilled into these 7 million human beings minds. Good thread, thanks for posting

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Our heart naturally inclines to be bad - wow - I totally disagree. I have found most of the people I come into contact with really do want good and help. Aaaaaggggg - I don't even want to start. *done*

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Phew! That must have been a looooong hot Friday at the convention!

...and be sure to transfer your booze to non-glass containers beforehand.

Funny you mention this BILLY TEB - I heard of old-timers bringing six packs to the hot summer conventions in the 1960's. Not a bad idea. . .

FLIPPER - Thanks! Oh gosh. . . the bobbleheadding KILLS ME now. . . I want to SCREAM when I see it!

LOUBELLE - can't agree more. The kind of work I'm in as put me in contact with all kinds of people - from CEOs to crackheads. . . In the end, MOST people are GOOD PEOPLE with GOOD HEARTS trying to do the right thing. The idea that people are inherently EVIL is something that has always bothered me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit