Thought Reform and the Psychology of the 'Safeguard Your Heart!' 2012 Convention

by breakfast of champions 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

A bump for those lucky enough to be attending the convention this weekend. A preview of what's in store. . .

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

Great post BOC. I am attending next weekend. I will have your take on it in mind. When I first read the program I did have similar thoughts and I've "prepared" my daughter to have this in mind. She is slowly waking up and I think she will find it very hard to continue as before after this convention.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Agree with everyone that this was a great analysis. It is interesting that my thinking used to be that I could never remember what the conventions were about. Turns out, they were always about the same thing and I just never noticed. They are serious about "inculcating," which is a word we used to use without necessarily looking up. Basically: pound the message in.

• What Now?
    What Now?

(marking)

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

CIRKELINE - good luck with helping your daughter wake up

SULLA - yeah, there's the cliche "this convention was the BEST YET", but when you ask what was so much "better" about it, they are hard pressed for a reason. In reality, conventions are round-the-clock indoctrination sessions where by the end, the audience has been so completely physically exahusted, their ability to think is diminished, allowing the perfect opportunity to program minds with manipulative yet confirming 'evidence' of the organization's "love" for the individual - and in turn, the audience gets a little "high" off of it.

WHAT NOW - thanks for reading

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Wow, so we mustn't doubt that Jesus is ruling over his Kingdom - then why is it we are not feeling the effects of his rule?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

TRUTHSEEKER - I think you have a valid question there!

ANYONE who attended the Friday session today please feel free to review your notes against my initial post. . .

. . . and have a grrrrrrrreat weekend at the 2012 "Safeguard Your Heart While We Safeguard Pedophiles" District Convention!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am enjoying your post all over again, BOC. I'm writing up notes for hubby, and I was struck by the insigtfulness of your analysis. The speakers drone on so, I often have trouble breaking down what is WRONG with the pudding.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

JGNAT - thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

Again, ANYONE who attended the Friday session please feel free to review your notes against my initial post. . .

. . . and hope your weekend at the 2012 "Safeguard Your Heart While We Safeguard Pedophiles" District Convention was bearable!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes, it is the Thursday night before the dreaded summer convention! For those who haven't mentally prepared themselves for tomorrow, I am bumping my thread to provide a mere 'foregleam' of what enlightenment you have in store! Jump to the first page here:'Thought Reform and the Psychology of the Safeguard Your Heart 2012 Convention'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit