Thought Reform and the Psychology of the 'Safeguard Your Heart!' 2012 Convention

by breakfast of champions 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

The speaker gave five reasons why we should "safeguard our heart":

-the heart naturally inclines to "bad", and is attracted to "wrong"

-the heart is desperate, treacherous. It makes excuses, is likely to deceive you, and excuses wrongdoing

-if your heart turns away from God, your current life will be desolate

-the condition of your heart will determine whether you gain everlasting life or not in the future

-you want to please God

Here the speaker is tellin you that you cannot direct you own foots steps , wit out the guidance of the GB

-do not murmur about organizational adjustments

-do not even secretly doubt the organization's view of disfellowshipping

-higher education is unnecessary to find 'acceptable' secular work

-spiritual food comes only from the Faithful Slave; independent study groups are not necessary

-God's sole channel of communication is the Faithful and Discreet Slave

-do not doubt the validity of theocratic appointments

-do not view apostate propaganda which "picks at" the Slave Class

-Jesus said "He that is not on my side is against me"

Do as your told you mindless imbeciles, dont' doubt or question the authority of the GB

-Unfullfilled expectations of when the system will end are nor reason for discouragement

-Truth is revealed progressively; expect doctrine clarification

-Only the faithful and discreet slave illuminates scriptures for us

-Do not harbor doubts as to whether Jesus is ruling as king

-The faithful an discreet slave give ample advice that we are living in the last days and that Jesus is ruling as King

" Bible chronology also pinpointed in advanced the time when certain important events in the fullfilment of God's purpose would take place."_________Reasoning book page 93

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the great tribulation"________Reasoning book page 97

" The year 1914 is marked by Bible chronology"________Reasoning book page 239

" The generation that was alive at the beginning of fullfilment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years, the time remaing must be very short."_______Reasoning book page 239

Ooops

" It is true that the Witnesses have made mistakes in thier understanding of what would occur at the end of certain time periods"______Reasoning book page 136 ( does Harold Camping ring a bell )

Jehovah's Witnesses can't help being discouraged, Why ???? because the GB keep doin' what the bible tells them they can't

It does not belong to you to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction______Acts 1:7

The WTS has clearly calculated the times and the seasons on page 97 in the Reasoning book

GREAT POST BOC

GET OUT OF HER PEOPLE, YOU'RE IN A CULT

• hoser
    hoser

I really think they are setting up to do a major shift in doctrine.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I think so too, but it will not negate the fact that they are false prophets

On page 133 in the Reasoning book, they boast of havin' the qualifications of a "true Prophet"

because they speak in the name of Jehovah

And they clearly made a prediction about the generation that was "alive" at the beginning of the fullfillment

Somebody screwed up, and it wasn't Jehovah, which makes them false

Once Jehovah witnesses and apologist realize that real truth don't change

and brighter light only adds not take away

Then and only then, can they wake up to this cult that is no different from ole Harold Camping

Give the Devil his due, wit his little "generation " trick , he used his so called "bright light" to add my daughter, me and My late mom as one generation instead of bein' three

MoFo's can't count

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they have the nerve to bash poor Satan. Satan doesn't go against human nature, ruling that everything that is human nature is sinful. In fact, there is only one sin in Satanism: Stupidity. (No, not the stupidity that results when you inadvertently forget something or make one bad decision. It is when you reasonably should know something is wrong but pursue it anyways as if it was true.) The Washtowel is promoting this Sin of stupidity--you don't need higher education to get a decent job? The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is the only group capable of interpreting the LIE-ble? Who do they think they are kidding?

As for interpreting the LIE-ble, give me the first three chapters of Genesis alone and I can prove right from their own LIE-ble that Jehovah is a tyrant and Satan is your Savior. It is so blatant that anyone with an IQ above 10 should be able to figure that out, yet Christi-SCAM-ity keeps people so deluded that they believe that Jehovah is good and Satan is vile, despite this. No wonder so many people these days are turning to Father Satan instead of Jehovah or Jesus for spiritual enlightenment.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Say What !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Excellent points you've noted Breakfast of Champions, well analysed, thank you.

Loz x

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BOC: Brilliant analysis. Isn't it amazing once your eyes are opened to TTATT how clear and obvious their manipulative techniques are? How easy to see?

It's interesting how they pick and choose scriptures to reinforce their control, interpret them only in ways to reinforce their control and ignore anything to the contrary. You included this point:

Jesus said "He that is not on my side is against me"

But Jesus ALSO said: “Do not YOU men try to prevent [him], for he that is not against YOU is for YOU . - Luke 9:50

That little gem is virtually ignored by the WTBTS because it doesn't fit their methods.

• sabastious
    sabastious

BoC, thank you so much for posting this. You have simply slammed the nail on the head. Great post!

-Sab

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

breakfast of Champions:

I was invited to go but declined. The person probably needs me to help pay for the gas, LOL. Even though I am "inactive" my money is still green.

From what I am reading here it seems the whole point of this convention is to set everybody "straight". They probably know there is much talk and "murmuring" and they don't want any more people leaving or have those sitting there entertaining doubts about the religion. So, they are trying to appeal to people's fear. Naturally, they compare themselves to Jehovah. They are amping up heavy duty programming of guilt in people's minds so as to get them to ignore their "gut" feelings and instincts and to allow themselves to be totally taken over by the cult mind.

In all seriousness, I could not sit through this.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I want to give my thanks to breakfast of champions along with everyone else who has posted on this thread. As 00DAD puts it, the lies and deceptons are easy enough to spot once you know how to look for them. And I had to laugh out loud at truth_b_known's succinct summary of this entire enterprise: "Ignore the Man Behind the Curtain" 2012 District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. That is a phrase I have used quite often to describe the deception this cult practices.

The last district convention I attended was in 2005, three months before I was disfellowshipped. It is a torrid June day in Birmingham, Alabama as I write this and the district convention here is scheduled to start tomorrow. I am so grateful that I won't be in attendance again this year, listening to boring talks that don't address real life issues or offer any encouragement to those wanting to walk a spiritual path. At the same time, I marvel at the fact that millions of Witnesses around the world will make time through the end of the year to put themselves through the abuse a large gathering of Jehovah's Witnesses really is. I wish they would wake up and walk out of this despicable cult but I know it will take a catastrophic public scandal to shake sense into them. But while they may still be enslaved, I rejoice again in my freedom as I'm sure the rest of us also do.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit