Help! I'm having serious thoughts about going back

by lola28 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Diest
    Diest

If God is punnishing you with these things for being unfaithful then what was the crime of all of the pioneers who have died in service? What was the crime of the children who died because they did not take blood?

To believe that Jehovah actively protects witnesses or actively punnishes those who leave would fly in the face of reason. Otherwise for the crime of disblief much worse would have happned to you. Look at Job's 10 kids, they were good and they were all killed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My mother is a witness. In her lifetime she has lost her mother (actually her grandmother) to Alzheimer's after a long illness, her father (actually her step grandfather) to thoat cancer, recently her real mother to heart failure brought on by nursing home neglect, her five year old son was in a swimming pool accident 27 years ago (yeah it happened in 1975) that left him mentally and physically damaged. And seven years ago she broke her ankle falling down a half a flight of stairs in her home.

All that happen while my mother was a jw. Being a jw is no protection against the hardships of life, that's for sure.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Very childish to think going to the Meetings or not is the reason for these random events.

• lola28
    lola28

I understand that it's not a rational reaction to have Witness 007, but it is the reaction I'm having now.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

To check PM's click on it, get the error, hit back and reload the page and you should be able to get into them.

You'll have to do this with each new message, but only once.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Lola - I think you knew all along that it wouldn't be a good idea to go back, because what we strongly believe in we do without asking others, so I guess you just wanted to hear the point reinforced that it wouldn't be to your benefit at all to start surrounding yourself with people who can only give you "conditional love and support".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

We're trying to gently help you see the fallacy of that reaction. It's normal Lola but a fallacy none the less.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I suggest you start hitting your head as much as possible, as hard as u can. In order to accept their policies and peculiar form of Christianity, you need to lose some brain cells. For future protection, Just carry the new world translation with u and hold it up whenever u run into trouble

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Like many have said. Your feelings are real and understandable. I must say I had the same ones once or twice when I first left. My life fell 100% apart. These are real feelings that were forced down our brains. This too will pass and you will see a beautiful life on the other side.

• tec
    tec

I think you should not panic about your thoughts of going back.

I think they're normal.

I think it would help you if you accept that you have them and that they're normal. This does not mean that they're right.

When things are hard for us, we tend to look to our roots or to the familiar to help get us through. Your roots (or time with the jw's) specifically teach you that things are 'safe' with them, and 'unsafe' without them. That thought is in your mind, even if it has no basis in reality. Recognizing that you might have the thought without having to accept it as being right, might help to keep you from panicking or being afraid.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit