Help! I'm having serious thoughts about going back

by lola28 81 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

To go back because you think these bad things have happened to you since you left the organization is to say God is punishing you and also sort of egotistical. If God is truly punishing you, don't you think he'd be even angrier if you go back under false pretenses?

Bad things like this happen to good JW's too. I know a wonderful guy who is the father of 5 kids. He lives for the "TRUTH" in the space of 2 years, he lost his job, had his house repossed and died during surgery for some rare heart defect. He couldn't take Blood and they gave him a 10% chance of surviving with blood and a 1 percent chance without blood. He basically said goodbye to his wife and kids when they wheeled him in to surgery. I know so many cases like this. His wife and kids live in a crummy little rental house because the only job she could get was in a fabric store.

I left the Org and my life was instantly better but I was waiting for the axe to fall. Wasn't Satan supposed to be lying in wait for me? Then a few months later I got the best job of my life..."But wait" I said to myself "Maybe Satan is helping me now that I'm supposedly on his side" Then I realized that my JW training had set me up in two ways. If I leave and do well....it's Satan but if I leave and do badly It's Satan double crossing me and God punishing me.

If you go back, do it for the right reasons, not because you are superstitious.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ((((((lola28)))))))), DITTO what other posters have written and especially Found Sheep and elderelite. JWs give ConLove not unconditional love! Before going back to the KH see a therapist, go to an ex-jw meetup group (www.meetup.com), and/or do something fun that you love to do where you can make some new friends.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• sd-7
    sd-7

You're thinking of going back because you don't feel able to carry the burden of the pain you are in right now. But you need not cause further harm to your future by reentering an abusive situation. It cannot comfort you anymore. You were strong enough to leave. You can be strong enough to stay away, too. But remember, you don't have to endure for the rest of your life; you just have to endure today. Maybe tomorrow, you'll have a different perspective, things will seem a little better.

The reason it hurts so much is because we were taught to rely on the organization, to outsource our moral compass and even how we should feel, how we should cope with the pains and tragedies of everyday life. It is hard to take all that on your own shoulders. It is. But it's easier than betraying your own conscience. That's a burden and a pain that eats a person up far faster than any other.

--sd-7

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Going back to the meetings will not save you from problems in the future. Nor will it alleviate the problems you have now. What you do need are people around you, people that love you whatever your religion. You won't find that in the Kingdom Hall until you reimmerse yourself, mentally and physically. I'm sorry you are going through some hard times right now, but take your time and think about things. Reason this out for yourself, I hope you see the light.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You want to go BACK??? Haven't you had a bad enough year already??? Don't do it if you are hoping for a change for better. It won't fix any of the broken things.

• sinedie
    sinedie

You have one more PM!!!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

When Job had all his problems, it wasn't because he was unfaithful, it was because he was good. I don't believe any of this is god playing games with you. I am sad that you have had so many trials lately. They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You must be one tough broad, that's all I can say. Push through it, don't let Satan tempt you to destruction. (If anything is supernatural working here, it isn't God).

• Glander
    Glander

Lola,

I haven't read all the posts above, but it seems clear that you, having hit what is known as a "rough patch" in life, are showing signs of panic. To consider crawling under the covers with a flashlight and a Watchtower is not rational. You need to focus on your day to day existance for awhile and you WILL recover, "This, too, shall pass..." and you will be the stonger for it. Think of it as fighting off the urge to call an old boyfriend after you've just been dumped and you've had a couple of glasses of wine. Be patient

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

The last year has been a horribe one for me, in the span of less than a year the following things have happened to me:

• Lost my mom to cancer
    • got hit by a car
    • had a professional set back that will cost over 600k to resolve
    • Ended a three and a half year relationship

With the exception of your mother passing away it sounds like you have a great chance to make a fresh start. The best way to screw that up is to go back to old habits. I highly doubt you would set yourself back up to lose another $600K or get into another relationship doomed to failureā€¦ So why go back to a cult?

• Ding
    Ding

Your leaving had no connection whatever with what happened to you.

The WTS would like you to think it did, but it didn't.

Painful as they may be, troubles like what you describe are a part of life.

Going back to the WTS won't protect you from such things in the future...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit