Summer reading

by mrsjones5 61 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I got my Itunes bill last night, and my wife downloaded 2 books of the 50 shades of gray series!

• Dagney
    Dagney

(Hey Palm! Don't forget to stop by SoCal and say "hi"! When are you in Oregon? I'll be there 7/9-16, 3 days on the beach. If we are near at some point it would be great to see you guys.)

I have a new Kindle, $49 that I am loving. Reading freebies right now, a biography of Fanny Brice, "How to Tell a Story..." by Mark Twain is next. I'm eating mostly plant based right now so I am also fascinated and inspired by many vegan cookbooks.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I got my Itunes bill last night, and my wife downloaded 2 books of the 50 shades of gray series!"

Ooooo, you in trouble Cheech.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my wife is actually not a prude..........

when I spoke with her this morning about the legit of the charges (just checking with her), she says that she has no idea why her co-workers think the book is sleazy...........

btw, she's a regular reader of jude devereaux?

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm always reading history of one sort or another. Just discovered a new author so I'm going to see what the library has. I'd rather write fiction than read it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

d. I enjoyed One Second After. Made me want to buy a really old Volkswagon Beetle just in case.

Dagney, this site is great for daily free kindle books http://www.squidoo.com/the-best-of-amazon-daily-free-ebooks-kindle-ipad

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ooooo! Thank you G!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Since I don't read non-fiction, I'm currently reading "New York Diaries 1609-2009"

Interesting read, it's snippets from certain peoples diaries going back to George Washington and before up until a few years go.

Then after that I guess I'll read Vanessa Williams bio that came out not too long ago.

• Dagney
    Dagney

@Giordano: Thank you! I'll check it out.

I get something daily (I think) from Amazon Kindle, and from "Kindle Nation Daily", (sorry couldn't make the link clickable.)

I loaded up on classics, Kurt Vonnegut, Virginia Woolf, Oscar Wilde, etc.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The live forever book

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit