Summer reading

by mrsjones5 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

Just finishing the second "potato chip" mystery in a row and I am going to be picking up a solid history/biography today or tomorrow. Have to decide.

Downloading to my Kindle is becoming one of those luxuries.... I am getting hooked on it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The Book of Jasher.

Aid to Bible Understanding, again, for the first time in 39 years.

• sinedie
    sinedie

I'm just now reading Crisis of Conscience!! Other books I have lined up are The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, English History, and some clasics.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I haven't really thought about it yet. I usually buy something to read when I go to Vegas. I did buy American Grown by Michelle Obama. It's very interesting and I recommend it but it isn't what I'd consider a summer read because it isn't a novel.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I just checked out the following books from GT Library:

Parting Visions: Uses and Meanings of Pre-Death, Psychic and Spiritual Experiences by Melvin Morse, M.D. (The same doctor/pediatrician who brought us the book Closer to the Light: Learning from the Near Death Experiences of Children.)

I just started the book.

Then I'm reading Hello from Heaven! It's a book written by a husband wife hospice grief counseling team. I've read this one before, a few years ago. Flipper's dream about a dog and a dream I have had in the past have prompted me to go and read it again.

Then I have two books about money. That should start my summer reading program off.

One book is by Suzy Ormand and the other is:

The Smartest Money Book You'll Ever Read: Everything You Need to Know About Growing, Spending, and Enjoying Your Money [Hardcover] Daniel R. Solin (Author)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Reading Dear and Glorious Physician by Taylor Caldwell on my Kindle. I'm so glad some of her books are now available on Kindle and Nook.

LRG

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Right now I'm reading Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton. It was a finished manuscript that was found after his death and published.

I plan on reading the final two books of the Hunger Games trilogy as well. I've heard good things about 50 Shades of Grey, so I might look into that.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

Off on a holiday in a few weeks in Minorca, I think Quantum Psychology Robert Anton Wilson, Silmarillion J.R. Tolken, Behold the Man Michael Moorcock and the new Terry Pratchett book The Long Earth, yes all these books with a large contigent of Lager, lol!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• DNCall
    DNCall

BOC: "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman is a great book. I'm going to do a post tomorrow about how this book explains the mechanics of what keeps people stuck in the Witness religion.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Fan of Stephen King here, reading his new release of the Dark Tower (which he calls 4.5) I do recommend the DT series very much, but start with The Gunslinger. It really unlike anything you have read, there is everything in it. Touch of western and modern, sci fi, time travel, magic, tragedy, etc. Really awesome.

He has a fairly recent one I liked quite a bit, titled 11/22/63. It is about the assisination of JFK, or rather ..what if you could go back and stop that from happening. Would the Vietnam war have happened? Would Martin Luther King still be alive? What would be different if he hadn't died. Good stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit