If you got apostate vids on Youtube take em off now!!! Legal Dept to Sue!

by smithmandy1 94 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

Do we really need two almost-identical threads? I for one don't need to hear this scaremongering in stereo.

Cedars

• Reality79
    Reality79

I really wish the wts WOULD shoot themselves in the foot and start that bullshit which will in turn generate more bad publicity for them than any 'apostate' could ever hope to do.

Too bad the thread starter is obviously a troll.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Unless you actually broke a law they have no legal recourse, so I wouldn't worry; hey it's free speech baby!

On the other hand I'd like to see them try it because it's gonna open the door for liable and slander lawsuits to poor in because of THEIR DF and shunning policy.

AWE SNAP!

• Diest
    Diest

Id love to see the WTS try it. What sweet irony when the ACLU picks up all these cases that are obvious fair use cases. Id love to see the ACLU mess with the same group they have helped.

WTS only damages are that most people are less excited by the convention releases. It is hard to prove damages on free items.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

This is right up there with my fav: "I'm not a JW but....." Nice try.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Watchtower Craporation promised a snazzy, new, unified jw.org website that would be ruling the Internet starting this month...

...but that got postponed until "around September 1, 2012."

Watchtower is so tech-backward that they have no position to claim they "are cracking down on Google/Youtube." It's like a chicken cracking down on a crocodile.

"...preparing for legal action against google but the content uploaders and it could cost you thousands."

Haaahaha, since names and address aren't out there on most YouTube accounts, how are they gonna sue anybody for thousands? It would take a 'miracle!' Watchtower must really be terrified of the Internet if they're putting down their preaching bookbags to start fighting google.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

The more they resist us the more power we get from them. Let them start stamping us out. Give us your best shot WT! We're like ants and we won't stop until we devour your carcass!

• AnneB
    AnneB

Aside from what WT may try through formal processes, how will they go after alllll the copies that may be posted to free sites, share sites, or on servers in locations that they can't touch with their legalites (Sealand, etc.)? These issues have a way of snowballing; for every one video taken down, many others are posted!

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

WT only sues their own. I bet they honestly expected their well trained drones to obey and not talk back.

So much for "do not take your brother to court"

My vid

Elaboration very well done

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The WT has a new hotshot attorney, Brother S.P. Arlock who is really something, I hear. His powers are magical!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit