Sparlock - the aposta-superhero

by Lady Viola 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A white t-shirt with Sparlock on the front and a smurf on the back would be a great talking point to wear to conventions.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Coppernicus...that's brilliant! But let's Pokemonify this a bit.....what would Coppernicus evolve into? I'm kind of visualizing a Chineseish dragon of good luck.

WTF is Mommy giving Caleb for a midday snack? A single french fry?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Whoa, Sparlock is a Pokemon too.

http://pokemonfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Sparlock

• fedup
    fedup

Leolala

thanks for cracking me up, the 300 pic with sparlock is hilarious

• laverite
    laverite

Leo - I am glad I am not the only one who was unsettled by Caleb's "snack." What the heck was that? Whatever it was, it sure wouldn't be enough for a one year old's snack let alone a kid the size of Caleb.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks, fedup. Old memes never die. You may notice that Sparlock's sword lost its star. Not to worry, it was responsible for the deaths of 120,000 Persians. It's just regenerating.

laverite....Apparently, if you are a good boy Jehovah would multiply this snack into a large healthy pile of chicken nuggets and french fries. Seems like Caleb was a bad boy. Jehovah does not like bad boys. Caleb disappointed him....so no miracle snack for Caleb!

• laverite
    laverite

Good point, Leo. Jehovah does not reward bad boys. Especially ones as evil as Caleb. Don’t Sparlock-influenced children deserve a worse punishment beyond a nearly nonexistent snack?

But seriously now, I have been thinking a lot about Sparlock since this came out. The video took me back to my childhood. It has inflicted some PTSD in me. I don’t want to say too much more on this, but very briefly: One of my favorite toys of all time was taken away from me, and anything to do with that toy and character was not allowed. I now am a major collector of that very thing that I loved so much yet lost as a child due to the paranoia and insanity of the JWs. It literally turned into a life-long passion (some might say obsession?)!! It has impacted me for decades now, still does, and always will.

As I have been thinking more about Sparlock, I have also shown this video to several people and shared it with a few via email and Facebook. The one reaction that I have received across the board (in person and via email) is this: “Wow, that is creepy.” Some wondered if it was a parody of the Witnesses. Everyone was freaked out by it. The mind control and cultish nature of it are pretty darn transparent. This video really seems to bother those (non JWs) who see it.

I still wonder if the video really is real. It’s just that bad. Could the WTS possibly be that clueless? To me, it comes across as a piss-take/parody of the Witnesses. It’s just that bad. As they continue to put stuff like this out there and with the access that the internet provides, I see this as only harming them in the longterm.

Witnesses, especially younger ones are on the internet, many having Facebook accounts. They connect to many others including non JW friends. They see what others are posting in newsfeeds. They get exposed to many ideas outside of the Watchtower, whether it’s LGBT rights and gay marriage support, human rights issues, or even just posts that value freedom of thought. They get all of this from all other media sources, too. But the internet is unique in many ways, and they are spending a lot of time on the internet. They are on FB at home, on their smart phones, and they are largely mobile. I can almost picture JW youth checking FB from the mobile phones while being forced to be out in service.

With privacy settings, they can effectively shut out elders and nosey dubbies from knowing the full extent of their interactions and non JW connections on FB. This trend will continue. They will be able to compartmentalize their worlds, and the JW world will, little by little, take on less meaning. This will help them see the insanity of the stuff coming out from the WTS.

So when looney stuff like this does come out, I honestly believe that more and more Witnesses will be jolted by how problematic it is. Not the majority of the witnesses today. The younger generation perhaps more than others will reject the thought control. But even some middle aged and older ones will question some of this nonsense. I believe it will be things like this that will help more people out of The Truth™.

They may be good in court. They may be even better at real estate deals and accumulating vast wealth. But they are going to be seen as nuttier and nuttier even by their own members. Their longtime strategy of strict mind control will no longer work as it once did. In a world increasingly characterized by access to information, they will have a much harder time controlling what their members access, consume and make use of. The world has changed, and their inability to adapt does not bode well for them longterm.

Please don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying that this one little video is the downfall of the Watchtower. However, Sparlock epitomizes what is wrong with the WTS. This fictional character of their own creation will ultimately work against them. Material like this will ultimately do more damage than any “apostate” ever could. As the WTS puts out more crap like this video, they will help more to wake up to the realization that they’ve been had. In a way, I see the Watchtower Society is its own worst enemy.

• cedars
    cedars

Leolaia - HILARIOUS "300" pic, that cracked me up. There's nothing better than switching your computer on in the morning and finding something almost straight away that makes you chuckle. That was priceless.

Cedars

• cantleave
    cantleave

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3pilt8/

I don't know how to embed these!

• cedars
    cedars

sparlock

What are friends for?!!

Cedars

Share this

Google+