Sparlock - the aposta-superhero

by Lady Viola 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks Cedars

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    WTF is Mommy giving Caleb for a midday snack? A single french fry?

I think the snack is meant to be carrot sticks. They can only afford a very small snack because there's been a famine since 1975. (The Watchtower 1968, 15 April 1968, page 227).

• the-illuminator81
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Notice how the child was " Brow Beat " , and the poor thing was even made to feel

the other toys ( dump trunk & marbles ) weren't worth playin wit

wow

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

"Get your Magic on!"....Sparlock Warrior (I'd quite happily put that on a pair of panties)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That sounds great to me LouBelle

Put his logo on and send us a pic

• Honesty
    Honesty

Sparlock the magical Special Pioneer who gets in 150 hours a month during a two day

apostate binge and you can too if you are in his car group.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

laverite...I know what you mean. When I saw the video, I pm'd a friend of mine online and asked her to watch it, I told her it summed up my childhood, the kind of controlling fun-sucking guilting pressure I had to grow up with in the org. And I had it relatively easy; my dad was an UBM. I keep thinking about this family I knew in my congregation with Mr. Super Stern Severe Elder as dad and his two daughters were dutiful pioneers, and always seemed so depressed and browbeaten. The video seemed to sum up the whole experience of being a "JW kid". In my case, my mom converted when I was 6 so I had the full gamut or normal childhood to have all that taken away from me. Not just a toy like Sparlock but EVERYTHING kids enjoy.... just think of everything covered in the School and Jehovah's Witnesses brochure. Anyway my friend thought it was a parody too, I had to say No this is real!!! She said, "Wow, really? This is messed up". The Society has no clue how this looks to outsiders. When the Society in the past tried to impress on young folks that, say, Christmas was wrong, at least they would try to give reasons and try to persuade (as well as pressure). But this video simply states that it makes Jehovah sad, and therefore DON'T DO IT. You don't want make Jehovah angry sad, you won't like him when he's angry sad. Look what happened to Adam and Eve! I showed my friend the Selma and Steve article and she was similarly aghast. And she is just a regular person who couldn't tell a JW from a Mormon. The more the Society moves to online distribution of its content, the wider exposure things like this will get.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The visual around the table - is that the actual WT visual? It humours me to see Mr Elder all buff and looking healthy looking rather human, while mum, dad and kid are stick figures - the stick figure father looks pathetic.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This is so funny. I don't think that the society ever imagined the massive reaction to this 2 minute video.

They are in a tough spot. If they try to fight back with the copy infringment strategy, they would have to sue millions before it is over. Effectlvely, there is no defense. They cannot retract the video, the "cat is out of the bag."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit