My demon experience

by SweetBabyCheezits 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Since Diablo 3 released im now a level 17 Demon Hunter called Azazel#6674 if any of you happen to play. I do kinda feel sorry for their arses as i blow them away deep in the dungeons. Even as a JW i kinda felt sorry for them making 1 mistake then paying for it forever. Bit harsh dont you think?

No.

It would have stopped you having a chance of life I think.

• Violia
  • unshackled
    unshackled

Now if someone will just post a QualiSoup or TheraminTrees video on open-mindedness or the trouble with anecdotes, this thread will attain immortality.

Alright, I got this dammit. Nambo, it gets really good at the 0:50 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay....

I've often had flying dreams, too...

But I've never experienced this "sleep paralysis".

I feel cheated....

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Nambo, sonic boom then as it had nothing to do with 'your' particular pane of glass.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

i heard zoiks is a real demon in the sack.

Know what i mean? nudge, nudge, wink, wink

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I've been trying to come up with a way to convince my BF that what he's seeing in his sleep are not demons out to get him. I'm going to relate his experience from a few weeks ago.

He was in bed beside me fast asleep and all of a sudden, he just started shaking and moaning. This happens a lot...he gets nightmares. I always wake him up when it doesn't seem like he can wake himself.

Anyway, he woke up with a start and was panting...very afraid! Then he got up and started rifling through the closet, turning lights on, just really freaked out. So I asked him what was happening. He said "You didn't see them??". I said "Who?".

It was then that he told me that he had walked into the bedroom from the kitchen and saw himself lying in bed next to me sleeping...and that these 8-foot-tall black shadowy creatures were hovering over him. He said he was standing there yelling at them to get away from his body, but they wouldn't leave. They just kept getting closer and closer and he was afraid they were trying to possess him and steal his body. He said "You didn't hear me yelling?". I told him he was sleeping. He said "No, I was in the kitchen!".

As much as I tried being the voice of reason and explaining that these things don't exist, he was petrified. He slept with the bathroom light on for weeks. He really is convinced that these are demons. I tried being analytical and using a bit of "maybe it's your past and your guilt coming back to haunt you in your dreams" psychology. Kind of metaphorical... But he still believes they're real creatures. It actually scares me to see him go from being the strong-minded, amazing, brave man that he is...to a quivering ball of goo...all because of a superstition that he was raised with.

Now, he's seen these shadowy figures since he was a kid. He said his grandmother saw them as well. I can't explain how they BOTH saw them, but it seems like perhaps he may not remember overhearing her talking about them and then he started having sleep paralysis and started seeing them himself?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Also, NC: I've had a pretty lucid sex dream...didn't know I was dreaming at the time. I woke up having an orgasm. SCORE!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Morbid---I can't tell you what is happening to your bf, but I can assure that when it happens to me, it is VERY real. Why did his grandmother see the same thing? I can't articulate this here, but if you read up on sleep paralysis, you will see some fascinating scientific reasons for why different people experience similar hallucinations. It has something to do with our desire to arrange patterns into shapes of people and so forth. You'll have to read for a better explanation. it also explains why so many unrelated people come up with simliar descriptions of aliens. There is something about a humanoid face or figure that is organic to us.

Maybe if he reads some experiences like his, it will help with the fear. All I can say is that if I were superstitious or believed this was related to demons, I woul never sleep again. But the truth of the matter helps to keep me calm and just wait for it to pass. Then I don't obsess on it.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Also, NC: I've had a pretty lucid sex dream...didn't know I was dreaming at the time. I woke up having an orgasm. SCORE!!

LOL GREAT! I get flames and dancing devils, and you get orgasms. I hate my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit