My demon experience

by SweetBabyCheezits 102 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

One recent afternoon, me and a buddy were taking a trek around a nearby neighborhood and made our way past a delapidated house that had all the familiar symptoms of being haunted. He suggested we check it out so, of course, we did. It looked like it had been abandoned probably 30-40 years earlier but the previous owners had left behind a small coffee table. Other than that it was empty.

My friend made some comment about the property being known for its demon infestation. I reminded him that I don't believe in demons. He insisted that they exist so, being that I am a douche canoe of the highest order, I told him we should try to conjure 'em up with mockery. I can't remember exactly what I started chanting but it was purely facetious and, since none of you were there, witty.

Get this: I hadn't finished my first disrespectful stanza when, lo and behold, that table LIFTED... OFF....THE FLOOR.... and started spinning in the middle of the room. I saw this as clearly as I can see my hand in front of my face. He saw it, too.

What would you think if you saw a levitating, spinning table in those circumstances? Would you assume the best explanation was demons? Ghosts? Some kind of otherworldly forces? Would you go with a lower-hanging fruit and distrust your own perception?

I can't deny that the old JW programming struck me for a split second but I'll tell you what I thought as soon as the hair on my neck laid back down. "Waaaaait a minute.... this kinda crap is beyond reality. It's much more likely this is all a figment of my imagination. I must be asleep and dreaming right now..." Well, I hate to be a buzzkill but that was exactly right. From that point on, I had an amazing lucid dream. I was all, "There is no spoon," and then my consciousness started controlling the direction, characters, and content to some [x-rated] degree. Beat the hell out of any IMAX.

I'm not saying everyone who believes they've seen ghosts or demons must've been dreaming, nor am I saying unexplained phenomena can't happen in real life. I'm just happy I was skeptical of my perception/senses before calling out "JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH" which is 50% more effective than calling it out twice.

And that concludes this talk. We now invite you to give your attention to Brother Falcon, who will cover the Bible Highlights for this week.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Ah yes---I have sleep paralysis, and see, hear and feel all manner of strange things. If I was a believer in demons, I'd be twitchy. But even when I was a believer in demons, somehow I didn't blame them. But I didn't have a touchy demon trigger.

NC

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

NC...explain this sleep paralysis that you speak of. Please, I think I may have had something similar.

SBC - Awesome dude, you are like 'the chosen one' or something like that! ;)

• zoiks
    zoiks

I'm fairly certain that the demons gave you that dream.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I've learned to embrace my household demon. He brings me beer sometimes

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

What boring life demons have. Shake and spin tables around... nothing better in the whooole universe?

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Good story, SBC. Personally, I kind of wish that something like that would happen to me IRL, but I know that that is impossible (or at least very close to such).

mtc and newchapter: I've had sleep paralysis a couple of times... both with and without the paralysis. Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NC...explain this sleep paralysis that you speak of. Please, I think I may have had something similar.

I will for you My 3, but for those of you that have heard it---there's nothing to see here---LOL

I have seen flames, lights, and dancing devils in diffused light. I am not asleep when this happens, but awake, although I am paralyzed. This happens because during a cycle of sleep we are paralyzed, and some of us 'wake up'. We can't move, and our brain is still somewhat in that sleep state, but we are also awake.

I have floated over my bed, and even had flying sensations. I have sensed presences, and one time felt one sit on my bed and my body roll toward the weight.

I often 'rock' violently---think exorcist. It's the strangest feeling ever.

Hope that helps.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

without the paralysis.

Whoa---I have NEVER been able to move. I didn't even know that was possible.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

OH! Clarinet---I just skimmed the article I get that 'buzzing' all the time. I did not realize it was related to the sleep paralysis! Good to know. That buzzing really bothered me. Now that I know, I will relax and for some reason that kind of helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit