My demon experience

by SweetBabyCheezits 102 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

There is also what feels like
    profound insight into the deepest questions and a need to
    spread the word.

LOL---Like when i thought I had figured out the secret to flying? That one was so strong that I actually tried to reclaim it and remember when I woke---that's when i realized it was like mario flying when he has a tail. LOL I FELT like I knew it.

Damn! Demunz must have taken over my Nintendo.

But I don't have epilepsy.

• jam
    jam

I remerber on two occasions experiencing an (lets

say A rape, thats what I would call it) demon experience.. But it was

the best sex I have ever experience. I swear I was

awake. I ask the old lady, did we do somthing last

nite. I felt like I had been unfaithful. Very strange.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Nambo: You are familiar with medicine balls? imagine one being fired from a cannon and aimed at my head, there is nothing that could have made that explosive thump and not broken the old fashioned single pane glass, that wasnt supernatural.

Translation: I'm personally unaware of the nearly infinite possible natural scenarios that could've made such a noise, therefore a supernatural explanation is better than reserving judgment and saying, "I don't know what caused the noise but it wasn't within my narrow range of auditory experiences."

How can anyone be so sure of himself to know his or her senses & psyche were not duped (or had not duped him), ergo it must be invisible spirits? Which is more likely?

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound like I'm coming down on you hard, Nambo, but when people label events as supernatural because no natural explanation is clear to them, it gets my goat sometimes. "I don't know" deserves far more respect than it gets.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Zoiks: I'm fairly certain that the demons gave you that dream.

I knew it. Damn Pentecostal garage sales get me every time.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Nambo:

Sorry again WMF, not a sonic boom either

So, are we to presume that because no one has a specific explanation, that it then 'must' have been 'the demonses'?? And why demons? Maybe it was a UFO. Or fairies. Or smurfs.

You heard a noise. It was loud. End of a very boring story.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I've had some pretty intense sex dreams too, and several times I've woken up mid-orgasm. I'd rather be awake for the whole show though.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I am all for people not being gullible, I dont want you to just take my word but should this mean that we are to have a closed mind on the issue, mainly there have been some breakthroughs with parapsychology, the only problem being none of many hypothesis being consistent.

The very first book that I read about the issue was A Demon Haunted World, but I found it to be naive at times, the same deal with Wiseman's Paranormality, as Sagan explains about sleep paralyses does not apply to all cases like my childhood experiences and my mums childhood experiences, but I do keep an open mind in case I am wrong.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The part that I find so very sad, when it comes to sleep paralysis and similar issues, is that they can be terrifying. I mean, imagine laying absolutely unable to move as little devils dance on the floor next to you. It's terrifying. But it's just not enough that it is terrifying and stressful. No, that would be too easy. We must heap on the idea that it is demunz attacking sufferers in the night! How ridiculous is this? Now people develop paranoia and insomnia. Anxiety that spirit creatures are after them, and what did they do to bring that on? That could lead to some serious mental illness---that pervasive feeling of impending doom and lack of sleep.

It's so much better to just look for the natural explanation, accept that it is going to be a few minutes of discomfort (although, all this sex stuff I'm learning about, perhaps I should say ecstasy?) and then just let it go? Who is served by this silly belief in demunz? Isn't life hard enough at times without heaping the weight of this world and and alternate world onto explainable things?

NC

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Joey: The very first book that I read about the issue was A Demon Haunted World, but I found it to be naive at times...

Really? Which times, might I ask? I find it ironic that you found it naive, considering Sagan's intent to build a case for the need for bullshit detection and then provide the techniques in laymens terms.

Or do you say this because he didn't validate your childhood experiences or those passed on verbally by your mother, but instead encouraged skepticism in how we perceive/explain odd events and memories? Because science can be a real bitch.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

SweetBabyCheezits: Really? Which times, might I ask? I find it ironic that you found it naive, considering Sagan's intent to build a case for the need for bullshit detection and then provide the techniques in laymens terms.

Or do you say this because he didn't validate your childhood experiences or those passed on verbally by your mother, but instead encouraged skepticism in how we perceive/explain odd events and memories? Because science can be a real bitch.

For example, his chapter about the dragon in his garage, he makes a great point for people who claim to know god, but how would you think when reading it if you and four other people saw (at the same time) a broom stick in broad daylight chasing and hitting chickens? Naive? What about all other paranormal activity I saw?

Would you agree with me that its naive to generalise? to jump to conclusions? dont get me wrong I like his book and I think it helps many, but not all.

Also you dont seem to know what science is, if a theory is falsifiable, then it is scientific. What you are describing is dogma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit