Medical Marijuana, Your opinion please?

by Greybeard 164 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    But until you do, maybe keep your judgements to topics with which you have some actual experience.
    Why ? Everyone else here are letting there feelings known and so am I, that's what this board is about.

You're right. You have every right to say whatever you like in regards to any topic. I was in the wrong & I apologize.

Sizemik said it much better here:

Being "good for you" is relative. I doubt there is a "legal" pharmaceutical that is 100% "good for you". All have side-effects, some of which can be extremely harmful. But they are utilised simply because their absence would cause greater harm. Thalidomide was legal . . . and touted as good for you. Wonderful cure for morning sickness . . . shame about the side-effects. I've been legally prescribed drugs that have almost killed me.
    Legality is a poor way of establishing what is harmful and what is not . . . it may be time to drop the notion.
    MJ is illegal in NZ . . . no medical concessions. I won't bore you with my state of health . . . but I grow my own and use it on a regular basis . . . as do my wife and 2 of my 3 grown children (the other doesn't like the effect). The medical benefits are manifest, and I also enjoy the narcotic effect . . . without feeling guilty about it.
    I don't drive while heavily influenced and don't drink alcohol. All my family are responsible users. If people wan't to be dangerous and irresponsible . . . it doesn't matter how they gas their tank.
    I would say that the pharmaceutical companies have a large stake in this . . . it's too easy to supply yourself, and is too good as a medicine.
    Trust Uncle Carl . . . not the Govt.
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

I think most drugs should be legal.

Says you don't get addicted and have hang overs and withdrawals like you do with alcohol.

Bull.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

I waited until I was into my 30's to try MJ. I didn't want to catch one of my three sons with a joint and have them say "you never tried so what do you know" and I was curious. I had called my parents and told them I was no longer one of jw's and the world didn't end so what else could I get into .

I was over at a friends house and to topic of drugs came up. I knew she and her hubby smoked MJ pretty frequently (according to her, lots of people who work shift work, use to help them sleep) and when I admitted I had never tried it before, it became her mission to get me high! I called my husband and told him what I was going to do ( just in case I needed a ride home or he never saw me again) and I think he laughed at me and told me to have fun.

I had never smoked so teaching me was very funny, for them anyway. I loved how relaxed I was and the tension in my back and shoulders released.

I came home and told the hubby all about it and he said he'd like to try it too. So I made my first pot buy EGADS!!! I had to stop at the mall and completely freaked out in the van about what to do with the baggie, I was sure that if I left it in my purse I would find the only drug sniffing dog in miles and get arrested for possession. I left it in my coupon folder under the car seat.

Later I realized, I had no idea how to roll a joint! So the baggie stayed hidden in my dresser for a few months. Then, a friend of the family, gave me a lesson and after watching me fumble, gave me a little pipe. I think he is still laughing about teaching me how to use it. That x mas my very wonderful sis in law sent me a blown glass pipe as a gift.

One night, the kids were away, we decided to give it a try. I got very relaxed and my hubby discovered why ADD/ADHD people self medicate with MJ!. He described it as "normally he had 6-8 channels all going at once, with the MJ he was down to 1-2". Unfortunately his lungs can't take the smoke.

I should mention pot brownies are awesome!!!!

A couple of years later, I hurt my back. I can't take the usual muscle relaxants because they knock me out. Not good when you've got three little kids underfoot. I used a little mj and got thru the day, I think relaxing also helped my back heal faster too, I wasn't holding myself so tense waiting for shooting pain.

I don't think I've used MJ in the last 2-3 years, I tried OXI for my back and it doped me right out, half a pill!

My mother has MS and anything that can relieve her pain can't be bad. She's allergic to most pain meds and reacts as badly to muscle relaxants as I do. She might have been easier to live with if I could have slipped her a joint once in a while. LMAO if she didn't already hate me she does now!!!

Moderation is the key to everything. Alchol, drugs, sex, chocolate Find a happy balance, do unto others as you would have done to you and flip the bird to those who need it.

And now I want a brownie, RAGE!!!!

Bobbi

Berengaria, what about that sentence did you find to be "bull?"

Personally, I think cannabis should never have been made illegal, anywhere. It's a wonderful plant with lots of uses, including the recreational ones that the puritans among us have so much disdain for.

Light up, folks! And just say no to the bogus anti-marijuana propaganda sponsored by the pharmaceutical companies.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yes beks . . . explain yourself please . . . the singular bovine reference is quite inadequate in this instance.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Berengaria, what about that sentence did you find to be "bull?"
    Personally, I think cannabis should never have been made illegal, anywhere. It's a wonderful plant with lots of uses, including the recreational ones that the puritans among us have so much disdain for.
    Light up, folks! And just say no to the bogus anti-marijuana propaganda sponsored by the pharmaceutical companies.

Did you happen to take note that I believe pot and most other drugs should be legal?

But to say it's not addictive is bull. I've lived it.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

It's also physically damaging. Drawing hot smoke in to the lungs is causing damage.

However, as I was told by a doctor at a pro pot rally.............*cough* a few years ago...........using a bong can lessen this damage.

• sizemik
    sizemik

But to say it's not addictive is bull. I've lived it.

To be fair . . . the comparison was being made to alcohol . . . and is therefore valid.

It's also physically damaging. Drawing hot smoke in to the lungs is causing damage.

That's the delivery method . . . not the drug.

• tec
    tec

I don't think the drug itself has physically addicting properties... but I do think the feeling you get from it can be addictive. In the sense that you can get dependent upon using marijuana to lower your stress and keep you calm, rather than finding a way to do that on your own. But this pertains to abuse creating dependence. That can happen with almost anything.

I also think if a person smoked as much marijuana as tobacco, then it would be just as harmful to the lungs and the body.

Of course, I have no medical knowledge, so I could just be talking out of my ***.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Beware Militant Potheads!

You guys are just soooo....

soooooo......

sooooooo.....

um.....

sooooo......

soooooo......

Mellow. Yeah. Cookies?