Medical Marijuana, Your opinion please?

by Greybeard 164 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

I've never abused drugs; in fact, I take very good care of them.

And no, ganja isn't uh, it's not, er, what was the question again?

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

No problem with medical Marijuana, for cancer patients or anyone whose doctor prescribes.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

You're kidding yourself if you think marijuana smoke is not damaging.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I think that it should not be illegal for anyone to grow a plant and use it if they so choose. If they want to dry it and use it for a migraine, for stomach problems, for eye problems, for nausea, to joint pain - that's up to them. If I want to grow a tomato plant or zuchinni plant and eat the stuff in my yard, if I want to grow catnip for the cat or for tea - those should be my choices in my garden. If I want to grow MJ there, that should also be my choice.

If I want to run a big farm operation, then I should have to go through the regular channels of regulation for produce and selling on a large scale for those that don't want to or can't grow their own. Just like tomatoes and zuchinni.

I could also care less if someone is growing one plant to use for medicinal or leisure purposes. I don't believe it's a gateway drug and as far as it being stronger today - well, that's what we are told. Perhaps if people grew their own in their back yard they could control the strength themselvs by the plants they use. The only reason that it is a controlled substance is because big Pharma would lose a lot of money with their addictive prescription drugs that have more people dying than MJ users. Oxy was put on the market and abused to the point it's now restricted...there's another high potency drug to replace it. We worry about a kid smoking when in fact smarty parties with prescription drugs are whats all the rage.

Make growing 2 plants for personal use legal. Make the drug farmed and sold in capsules, legal. Take it out of the hands of the drug lords and you can stop the trade but be warned, if you take it out of the hands of the illegal drug lords, you simply put it in the hands of the bigger legal drug lords unless you give rights to grow to the individual. sammies

Do tell! Let's see some references to studies performed by reputable institutations/individuals that support your claims.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Life is damaging

Life is a fatal disease.

You have to enjoy the ride and go out kicking and screaming.

Is marijuana smoke worse than eating at McDonalds, Pizza hut, KFC

Is marijuana smoke worse than legal cigarettes?

Is marijuana smoke worse for your health than joining the Army or the Marines.

Is marijuana smoke worse for your health than riding a rice rocket motorcycle?

Is marijuana smoke worse for your health than living in detroit?

Is marijuana smoke worse for your health than being a cross country trucker, Fisherman, Policeman, Ironworker,

farmer, rancher, logger, garbage man, roofer, coal miner?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

You're kidding right? You don't need any study to give you common sense. ANY type of smoke inside your lungs is not good for you. But if it makes you feel better about smoking it, go ahead and lie to yourself.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

James Brown, so in other words smoke is damaging. I didn't make any comments about being worse than anything else. I'm an occasional smoker of MJ, but I'm not going to lie to myself telling myself the smoke is not damaging.

• wha happened?
  • NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

^LOL Great Movie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit