Medical Marijuana, Your opinion please?

by Greybeard 164 Replies latest jw friends

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    What a bunch of lazy stoners.

WHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttt????????????

• charlie brown jr.
  • Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Is it really logical/reasonable to have the mindset that the big pharm companies' chemicals are somehow OK to use just because the Federal Govt says they're OK? How can an addictive chemical with numerous side-effects possibly be better than an all-natural plant? A vegetable, if you will?

Just because you can use something to treat a medical condition, and have a little fun while you're at it, doesn't make it evil. What IS evil is these big pharm companies tirelessly coming up with ways to "medicate" society using chemicals in labs with no regard for safety or any responsibility on their part, so that they can fill their coffers? THAT'S evil. THAT should be illegal.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The reason for it's status is completley politics and money. It takes a few google searches and one can find what the Hearst family did in this regard. In the courtroom, it was completley racist and fear mongering.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The decision of the United States Congress to pass the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 was based on hearings and reports. [ 35 ] [ 36 ] In 1936 the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN) noticed an increase of reports of people smoking marijuana, which further increased in 1937. The Bureau drafted a legislative plan for Congress, seeking a new law and the head of the FBN, Harry J. Anslinger, ran a campaign against marijuana. [ 37 ] [ 38 ] Newspaper mogul William Randolph Hearst's empire of newspapers began publishing what is known as "Yellow journalism", demonizing the cannabis plant and putting emphasis on connections between cannabis and violent crime. [ 39 ] Several scholars argue that the goal was to destroy the hemp industry, [ 40 ] [ 41 ] [ 42 ] largely as an effort of Hearst, Andrew Mellon and the Du Pont family. [ 40 ] [ 42 ] They argue that with the invention of the decorticator hemp became a very cheap substitute for the paper pulp that was used in the newspaper industry. [ 40 ] [ 43 ] They also believe that Hearst felt that this was a threat to his extensive timber holdings. Mellon was Secretary of the Treasury and the wealthiest man in America and had invested heavily in nylon, DuPont's new synthetic fiber, and considered its success to depend on its replacement of the traditional resource, hemp. [ 40 ] [ 44 ] [ 45 ] [ 46 ] [ 47 ] [ 48 ] [ 49 ] [ 50 ] According to other researchers there were other things than hemp more important for DuPont in the mid-1930s: to finish the product (nylon) before its German competitors, to start plants for nylon with much larger capacity, etc. [ 51 ]

• Diest
    Diest

Nice vid BTS....our drug laws are so lame. They destroy lives all the time. Now I am all rilled up!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I don't know about medical reasons, but for recreational use it's great. Although it loses its effect if you smoke it too frequently. For recreational use I suggest a smoke out session once every month, on a Sunday morning when you're doing your chores.

• JRK
    JRK

Forget the medical marijuana altogether, and just legalize it.

jk

• rebel8
    rebel8

When I left the dubs, I shed the concept that opinions about facts...matter. Facts are still facts.

Medical mj being an "outside issue" in AA? Redonkulous. ROFL

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well not really rebel. What if u have chronic pain? I've seen a few AA people who are on a pain regiment. Beleive me, from personal experiance, the issues with Alcohol are very different than MJ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit