Medical Marijuana, Your opinion please?

by Greybeard 164 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

OK folks, just got back home. I see Low Key doesn't like my judgmental statements. No I don't know if it cures asthma and ADHD, but somebody here posted that it helped one of his friends with it, so then obviously it does help. I grew up with the notion and still maintain the notion that illegal drugs are not good for you, which is why I've never used

However like I stated for terminal cancer patients and folks with severe chronic pain it does a world of good.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I've tried California medical marijuana... It's the good stuff; shame we have to import it to Texas.

One thing that I know that marijuana is good for is controlling anxiety. It has been one of the only thing that has kept my fiancee sane the last year. Before she started smoking regularly, she was throwing up every morning, having panic attacks during the day, and shaking and crying herself to sleep most nights.

Me... I just thinks it's a great way for me to relax.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Check your pms.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

clarinet man, My wife is the same. She's high strung to the point that she even jokes about it. The MJ does her just right. Wifey still has a glass of wine

• unshackled
    unshackled

Uncle Carl approves of this thread and most of the comments within.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    I grew up with the notion and still maintain the notion that illegal drugs are not good for you

And the legal ones are??? True, many if not most of the street narcotics out there are pretty bad for your health, both physical and mental. Many if not most of the FDA-approved drugs are too.

which is why I've never used

Great! I can't imagine anyone wanting to force you to smoke pot. But until you do, maybe keep your judgements to topics with which you have some actual experience.

• designs
    designs

In the Spanish congregations they would use Mota for colds and arthritus and asthma cures.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I grew up with the notion and still maintain the notion that illegal drugs are not good for you.

Being "good for you" is relative. I doubt there is a "legal" pharmaceutical that is 100% "good for you". All have side-effects, some of which can be extremely harmful. But they are utilised simply because their absence would cause greater harm. Thalidomide was legal . . . and touted as good for you. Wonderful cure for morning sickness . . . shame about the side-effects. I've been legally prescribed drugs that have almost killed me.

Legality is a poor way of establishing what is harmful and what is not . . . it may be time to drop the notion.

MJ is illegal in NZ . . . no medical concessions. I won't bore you with my state of health . . . but I grow my own and use it on a regular basis . . . as do my wife and 2 of my 3 grown children (the other doesn't like the effect). The medical benefits are manifest, and I also enjoy the narcotic effect . . . without feeling guilty about it.

I don't drive while heavily influenced and don't drink alcohol. All my family are responsible users. If people wan't to be dangerous and irresponsible . . . it doesn't matter how they gas their tank.

I would say that the pharmaceutical companies have a large stake in this . . . it's too easy to supply yourself, and is too good as a medicine.

Trust Uncle Carl . . . not the Govt.

• tec
    tec

I see no problem with marijuana in the first place (keeping in mind that any drug can be abused, though the legal ones that we have today can kill you, and they're legal) ... so much less so do I think anything is wrong with medicinal marijuana. If you're a person in pain, and this helps, then no one has the right to say anthing to you about it.

I don't personally like pot (recreational marijuana). I don't like having my thoughts hazy or diluted, and I don't like feeling unmotivated (I can do that all by myself, thank you very much, lol). But I can see some high strung or super stressed people needing something to help them wind down. What is the difference between having a glass or two of wine to accomplish that, over marijuana?

Peace,

tammy

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

But until you do, maybe keep your judgements to topics with which you have some actual experience.

Why ? Everyone else here are letting there feelings known and so am I, that's what this board is about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit