Medical Marijuana, Your opinion please?

by Greybeard 164 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Poison ivy also grows in the dirt, but I don't think anyone would want to ingest/smoke that.

• Diest
    Diest

I have personally seen it help someone with ADHD....he is hyperactive, so go figure a downer helps that. It actually does help focus him person in a way that adderall does not.

I am always amazed how people will talk about how silly pot is while they are being percribed a drug from the opiates or codine family. Both of those drugs are more addictive and can kill you. Pot cant kill you so it would make sense to perscribe it more loosely.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

@ Shirley,

You said, " Poison ivy also grows in the dirt, but I don't think anyone would want to ingest/smoke that." That sounds so much like my wife. So what? If poison ivy did any good for people then what would be wrong with eating or smoking it? Who has the right to decide these issues? It doesn't matter what it is on this planet... if it will do something for you, people are going to eat it even if it is bear crap found in the woods lol.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You know the US holds a patent for medicinal marijuana.

Just check out US Patent 6630507 titled "Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants" which is assigned to The United States of America, as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services.The patent claims that "Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia."The patent was obtained in October of 2003. Read more: http://m.digitaljournal.com/article/257008#ixzz1vcjHGwWW

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

WHO'S GOT WHAT?????????? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Funny how a weed can help with so much pain ............

and ease eye problems with no problem.........

Those who can't eat...............feel the need 2 eat...................

and if left alone................................

would be like picking Blueberries in the GODD**N Woods!!!

Yet Just a hippie's Thoughts!

yet has NO medicinal uses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

If poison ivy did any good for people then what would be wrong with eating or smoking it?

Nothing at all, just saying that everything that comes from the earth is not good for you, needless to say poison ivy isn't the only thing that grows that would make you deathly ill if ingested. Just like Asprin has been around for ages which is taken from White Bark, If I went to a forest and started chewing on some white bark leaves or something I would probably get sick, but when used properly, that's how Aspirin is manufactured. If you know of any component from Poison Ivy that is beneficial share it with me because I don't know.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

MMJ is a subject near and dear to my heart. A few years ago I had “a friend” who had a very serious medical condition that caused an unholy amount of pain and nausea that could not be treated. He had buckets of Vicoden and other chemistry that the doctor prescribed but they just caused him more issues, like a bleeding stomach, constipation, and the fact that he was quite literally nonfunctional when he took his full dose. Long story short, the side effects of the drugs and the potential for a very nasty addiction made him think twice taking them, it was a horrible cycle and frankly he was contemplating suicide.

Being good little MS JW’s we had never touched MJ, I had some worldly friends who were MJ patients and had recently had a family member go through cancer treatment so I had studied up on the effects and the potential good things that could come from it.

Anyway, my buddy and I were scheduled to go to a concert one weekend a few years ago and he tried to bail on me, well he did bail on me. He said he was in too much pain to do it and he couldn’t take the drugs due to his stomach so he was just going to kick back at home and wait to die or help the process along. Either way he was in a very bad place.

Being the good friend I am I took action, bought a small bag and then got him a small water pipe and headed over. That night changed his life. The MJ took care of pain and nausea within about 10 minutes. Alas the magic plant had masked what modern medicine could not. My buddy ended up getting his “Green Card” meaning he got a prescription from a doctor saying he needed MJ and that provided him some protection from the state law, not the feds mind you just the state.

My friend still has the condition and he has his good days and his bad days. He treats it however with a few puffs of the magic dragon and not a handful of pills.

So the plus side of MJ is as follows:

• Its natural, it is no more unnatural than fresh picked tomatoes. It was not created in a lab by a major corporation.
    • It has no side effects other than hunger and being sleepy. None. Zero. Ziltch.
    • Smoking it does *not* negatively affect lung function as propagandists would want you to think. There have been major medical studies done and it has no negative effects in fact… it can be used to treat chronic bronchial issues and asthma.
    • While you may be high, you are not impaired in the long run. You can still work and function in society unless you are a complete moron.
    • You can grow it in your home or back yard, no Pharacorp needed.
    • If you cant smoke, you can eat it, if you cant eat it you can drink it, if you cant eat drink or smoke it you can infuse it in a lotion or hand creme.
    • It fixes just about everything after the first couple puffs.

The down side

• there is an unfair and untrue stigma
    • it is illegal.
  • James Brown
    James Brown

The government intervenes because they are reveneurs they want to tax everything.

America runs by the golden rule.

He who has the gold makes the rules.

Jack Daniels, Busch, Miller, Diageo distillers, Pernod Richard want you to spend your discretionary

money on their products, they dont want any competition.

The sickening thing about it many of these alcohol companies are not even American any more and they are

telling us what to do.

You also have the confused religious element that wants everybody misrable all the time, so they

feel like repenting and giving their discretionary money to the church.

There is nothing wrong with marijuana.

Its kind of hard to tax if you can grow it in your back yard.

A lot of people I know that smoke dont drink much, at least when I see them they are smoking not drinking.

I was hoping legalized marijuana was one of the changes Obama was talkng about.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I use medical marijuana. I also do not drink at all. I abuse alcohol, I use marijuana. For what? Insomnia. After trying different prescription medications, losing weight, different matteress, marijuana puts me to sleep when I have problems doing so on my own, and, I wake up in the morning completely clear headed. Some of the prescription medications had terrible side effects. This is easy, I don't smoke it, I vape it. Relatively cheap.

I wasn't a pothead in school. In fact, I thought pot smokers were idiots. After expressing my dissatisfaction with the meds, my Dr suggested medical marijuana. I left the Dr's office upset, but I tried it.

For me it works. The worst thin I ever did while "high", was destroy a pizza.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Here is perhaps the biggest benefit in my opinion:

It is non-addictive and you cannot die from an overdose. The drug THC itself will not take ahold of your soul the way many prescriptions and street drugs do (see Xanax, painkillers, crack, meth…). I now smoke every single day of the week, I do so by choice not out of need. I found out after getting my friend hooked up with a doctor that knew the subject well that a few of my weird medical issues could be aided with a puff instead of a pill. I now treat my mild depression, ulcer and social anxiety/anxiety in general with a few puffs a day. I can stop (and do) anytime I want too. If family is coming over for a visit or I am going to visit them, I leave it behind. No shakes, no cold sweats, emotional outbursts… just depression, anxiety, and heartburn lol. If anyone tells you they are “addicted” too MJ they are lying. They are in fact addicted to the relief it brings them.

As far as overdoses, there has not been a single not ONE death every caused by someone smoking too much weed. Smoking weed and taking pills, yes. Smoking weed and drinking booze, yes. Smoking weed, drinking booze and taking pills, yes. Pills alone, Yes. Weed alone, Never.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit