2012 Convention Releases

by garlic81 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Thank You!

Thank You!

Thank You!

You just saved me from a gawd-awful mind f**king.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I think the release of a NWT is an attempt to reman relevant. If they cannot make predictons to do so then they have to do things like this. If the end is so close why do they need an updated bible? Besides God has not infomed them as to what direction to take in warick so they aren't on speaking terms right now.

• baltar447
    baltar447

From what he said there isn't a "new" NWT on the way unless it was only announced and not released.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

If there is a NWT to be released, I hope that it is not a bigger Book, than the current size of the latest version.

It seems that alot of the Bethel speakers are using the larger print Bibles when they have a speaking assignment. I hate big bibles.

We have enough to carry in our briefcases as it is.

• factfinder
    factfinder

FatherlessChild has not made mention of a new NWT.

I don't think there is one.

And just releasing brochures and dvds is a cost cutting effort.

• FatherlessChild
    FatherlessChild

altough i slept through many of the symposiums, im pretty sure a new version of the bible didnt come out. lol

• sd-7
    sd-7
    yes it did. the sister who rushed to get married and didnt "wait on jehovah" was the one who was encouraged to control her tounge and attitude.she ignored the "spiritual" advice and was using "worldy" advice from book and the radio about relationships.

Aww, crap! I'm in for it now! Nah, the Mrs. doesn't use worldly advice. But we probably should've waited a few more years to get married, until the elders could give us permission to associate and all...still looking for the scriptural support for those dating rules in my Bible. Yet to find them, though. I do nonetheless have a very bad feeling about this one...

the live drama was a little bit gruesome. it is the story about the fall of jerusalem and how they left for Pella. the actually have a disclaimer about

the
    violence on the back of the dvd saying that its not a glorification of violence but just a depiction of what had happened.

I noticed that the Faith in Action Part 2 DVD was more violent than any I'd seen in Watchtower movies before. Strange as it is, I actually found the David kids' video to be pretty disturbing, even though the animation ain't exactly Emmy-nominated. I'm wondering if this is a developing trend, of showing more violence in the DVDs. Are they trying to condition JWs regarding Bible-related violence, and subtly prep them for the real deal? Nah, that's the tin-foil hat talking, there. But I'm curious now. But only a little.

--sd-7

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

There will be a new, 16 page NWT. . .

• oppostate
    oppostate

Sometime ago I mentioned the new blinged out NWT versions that the GB and some preferred travelling overseers were seen carrying last year at the District Convention.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/224140/1/So-wonderful-little-and-other-punctuation

The Bibles versions they carried were a bit fatter because they included the appendices of the reference bible but in the deluxe leatherette size.

Apart from the missing square brackets I didn't see any changes nor did I have much time to look for any, just a brief thumb through, but the quality feel of the leather like cover is much softer and the gilding is silver not golden.

That's the only new version of the NWT that I've seen around and wouldn't be surprised if that's the new version release. The same old - same old - repackaged with a little bling eye candy!

Maybe the marketing guys at Bethel decided that grey and silver may appeal more to the ever more elderly and passing away generation that was promised to already be in a paradise earth.

• sir82
    sir82
    There will be a new, 16 page NWT. . ..

Actually, that would be more than sufficient for the handful of scriptures they ever use.

Matt, 24:45-47

2 Tim. 3:16

Ps. 83:18

Matt. 24:14

Etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit