2012 Convention Releases

by garlic81 105 Replies latest jw friends

• obarac
    obarac

Yes, Faith in action part 1 - last talk 2010; part 2 last talk 2011.

I hope in the evening we will know.

It should be new book because what will be studied after Book of Jeremiah.

Maybe Revelations book for the 4th time ...

• cedars
    cedars

friday had 2 brochures (one replacing the "required brochure" and the other to get people aquainted with the kingdom hall woords and practices)

saturday had a animated childrens dvd

If the above is true, those would arguably be the lamest releases ever! I can only imagine how dull a brochure about the kingdom hall would be...

"This is a rostrum, this is a mike stand, this is the sound system, this is the kitchen where the elders' wives can gossip, this is the elder's back room with soundproof doors/windows to hide the screams/uncontrolled sobbing, and most important of all - this is the contribution box!"

I do hope they release something meaty and shocking. With all the trash they've been writing in recent articles, I'm developing quite a bloodlust for finding controversial stuff in the publications. Yes, I admit it.

Cedars

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I could see them making a tweaking change to the NWT, as they did in the mid 80's. It is in need of a major re-work though, with virtually every verse re-phrased to be more readable, which is less likely to happen any time soon.

Concerning their practice to <almost> never release a book on Sunday at the summer conventions, this is simply a matter of practicality. At one time I was involved in the book room at the assemblies, and we were instructed that there were to be no books left over to ship back to the society. We had to make sure to get rid of all of them, even if it meant transferring entire boxes over to some of the congregations who wanted them. The problem with a Sunday release is that if there are any left at the end of day Sunday, the bookroom overseer has a problem. They simply don't want the logistic problem of excess books, and the extra shipping cost to get them either back to WT or to another assembly site.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If verified, why are they wasting time trying to revise the Not Well Translated version of the LIE-ble? And I bet any DVD they release is going to be a complete waste of time to watch.

Though far from perfect itself, I would recommend the Anton LaVey Bible before the Not Well Translated. Even though it is not perfect, it is a vast improvement from the Christian LIE-ble and especially the Not Well Translated. I bet you will not see that Bible endorsed by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I doubt there is a revised version of the NWT, this would be a big undertaking & I'm sure we would have heard about it. Also I don't suppose the society wants to have to print and give away 7 million new Bibles all at once.

If there is a revision however I bet they get the word 'organisation' in there somehow.

• obarac
    obarac

I think this info from other forum about revised Bible is just a joke. Also about new book.

So to sum up:

new releses: - on friday 2 broschures (revised rq and about jw)

on saturday new dvd. But I don't understand they received dvd on convention or will be downloaded from jw.org.

• watson
    watson

Releasing the DVD increases donation.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

testing

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Bottom line: Money, Money, Money. One thing is for sure, contribution boxes everywhere.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

• bohm
    bohm

it should be easy to compare the bible translations if they are in pdf, even easier when they arrive on the dvd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit