2012 Convention Releases

by garlic81 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It actually costs less than $3 to produce the NWT with the new paperback cover. (FACT).

Hadn't they stopped producing paperback Bibles? If they were used much, the pages started falling out rather quickly... even worse than their smaller paperback books. Their website only lists hardback Bibles.

About a decade ago, they released a revised NWT in French. It was somewhat chaotic.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ processor

And Billy always make my day

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Billy, I'm not sure why they don't have it available, but there is still paperbacks. They have been experimenting a LOT lately. Different colors/textures/materials/etc. But the hardcover costs almost $4 a book, so still relatively inexpensive to undertake a project.

• Gayle
    Gayle

and now they have a bigger appendix on the back ... "

yikes,,more space for JWisms? some way to slip in "overlapping generations,'' "Governing Body" etc????

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Rub,

Hmm, I'd thought that they were just going to sell out the remaining paperback inventory. Maybe they kept it going just for d2d handouts.

Do you know their cost for the Black/Maroon leatherish? Those are the ones that REAL dubs have!

"Different colors/textures/materials/etc."

I think the Jehovah's Witness formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince would need a Bible with satin, fur, and metalic chains, but all in purple, becaus he wouldn't want it to be gaudy.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I guess then during the last talk on Sunday they will announce this new edition of the NWT but they won't have it on hand to give out at the convention. Congregations will be able to order copies later in the year.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

They did the same thing with that wonderful song book. They announced its release but didn't have copies to pass out.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Deluxe are around $5 a piece. I'm revealing the cost in materials. Of course the leather and gold are fake, but they only add a few cents per book over the hardcover.

The paper material is dirt cheap.

It seems labor is included though, so the deluxe is most expensive. There are sections in the bindery dedicated to the process (gilding/leather cutting/etc.)

They have a program (admin2000) that lists the prices for each item. I'm not sure what they take into account.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

processor, that list was classic. My personal favorite: Christian Women – weighed in the balances and found too heavy

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Aside from the normal Deluxe, my wife has a brown NWT with silver gilding. It wasn't custom made, it was from bethel, apparently they sent out random samples to nearby halls to get feedback.

If they offically stopped doing softcover, thats news. maybe they are just using/used up the remaining materials.

It costs $2 for a hard cover. The soft cover costs $.07 (the covers only). And saves tremendous time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit