2012 Convention Releases

by garlic81 105 Replies latest jw friends

• FatherlessChild
    FatherlessChild

for sunday there was another DVD release. it is a live action drama based in biblical times. i was a little dissapointed.

the drama was a romace based one. it pretty much showed that if you set spiritual goals,date and marry someone spiritual you will have a happier marriage vs if you date someone who is unbaptized publisher /worldly. i thought it was a little unrealisitc.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

So now that the first convention is over, can someone please list the new releases?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Yeah, what's the official releases for 2012. Here say and speculation don't cut it.

• FatherlessChild
    FatherlessChild

Friday release

"Good news from God" brochure

Replacement of the required Brochure written in a simple and easy to answer format. it is meant to use before going into the bible teach book. the bibile teach book is referenced to in this brochure. it is similar in writing/art style to the Listen to god brochure.

"Who are Doing Jehovahs will today"

Meant to be used in the last few minutes of the bible study to get the student more aquainted with the Kindomhall language,customs and practices.

Saturday release

"Become Jehovahs Friend Series: Listen obey and be blessed"

animated childrens DvD. have not watched yet

Sunday release

"walk by faith not by Sight"

Live action drama based on biblical events. have not watched yet.

• baltar447
    baltar447

weak...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks FatherlessChild!

I'm declaring you my hero for this thread... although processor gets the award for funniest posts, and MC Rub was very informative... not that I'm trying to play favorites or incite rivalry

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you FatherlessChild!

I am interested in the jw brochure but disappointed there wasn't a new book released.

I wonder if this is going to be a trend: releasing dvds at conventions instead of books?

• factfinder
    factfinder

From the program it looks like an extra boring convention and fizzles out with unexciting releases.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm so looking forward to not being there.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Juan Viejo 2:

For the most part, I agree with your observations. I will like to further add that the WTS is very aware that the NWT English is awkward for slavishly following the original languages.

At one time, they replied to Bible translator Steven T.Byington who criticized that very thing, and said to him: <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } A:link { so-language: zxx } -->

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } A:link { so-language: zxx } -->

" The translation it produced was meant not merely for good, enjoyable reading but more particularly for use of searching students of God's Word who do not have ready access to Greek dictionaries and exhaustive Bible concordances. […] All in all, the New World Translation shows nothing loose, careless or indifferent about it. It commends itself to those who want to attain a more precise understanding of the inspired writings of Christ's disciples, and thereby to delight themselves more in God's life-giving Word.” “The Christian Century,” May 9, 1951, pp. 587–589 )

The example you cited about the NWT saying: "Jehovah, he himself will..." instead of "Jehovah will..." is a clear instance of the translators wanting to emphasize the original language more than trying to produce a more readable English translation.That is specially noticeable in the Hebrew portion of Scripture.

So I doubt they will rewrite the translation to compete with the NIVs, JBs, TEV, etc. Smooth English is secondary to them. Surprisingly, the NWT translators came up with some more natural renderings at times than did the competition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit