2012 Convention Releases

by garlic81 105 Replies latest jw friends

• garlic81
    garlic81

Post 51 of 52
    Since 3/27/2009

I can't verify the authenticity of this information as I have not personally attended. However this is what is posted on another site.

Friday:

Brochure: Teachings From God's Word

Book: Beware of the Enemies of the Kingdom

Saturday:

Young People Ask DVD

New World Translation 2012 Revised

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/T5ASH82653N29CM9T

• cofty
    cofty

Try again haha

Can't wait to see what revisions they make to the 2012 bible.

"Berware of Enemies of the Kingdom" sounds like anti-apostate propganda

• FatherlessChild
    FatherlessChild

this is false

friday had 2 brochures (one replacing the "required brochure" and the other to get people aquainted with the kingdom hall woords and practices)

saturday had a animated childrens dvd

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Since any substantial release is always done by Saturday, I can presume that Fatherless's comments are correct.

I would concur that the NWT needs a major revision, but I doubt we will see one any time soon.

Reason 1, the cost. Every Jw would want/need a copy of the new edition, and the Bible is one of the more expensive to produce. The WT society is too short of cash to produce a translation (and then to re-translate to other languages) in 7 million copies

Reason 2, the Society doesn't have anyone qualified to revise the translation. Wait a minute , they never have had any one qualified to produce a credible translation in the first place... never mind

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome FatherlessChild!

What is the Saturday DVD release about? Is it the story of Esther? I know it had been considered as a project years ago, but would be a disaster.

• blondie
    blondie

Is it possible to run a pdf of the old NWT against the new one with some kind of software to determine the changes?

• LV101
    LV101

Confused --- is there a new version being launched?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Is it possible to run a pdf of the old NWT against the new one with some kind of software to determine the changes?

There are tools to do that, such as DiffPDF, but I don't know how well they handle such long files (15MB).

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Who needs an animated children's DVD? The Watchtower should check into redistributing Veggie Tales ... my little ones loved them! (Not the episodes promoting pagan holidays of course.)

Revised New World Translation? No way. If they made changes they would be subtle and just slipped in when old stock is depleted.

BUT, if they did come out with a new one, I'm sure my prediction in March would be the reason.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/222824/1/F-DS-reducing-occurrences-of-JESUS-in-revised-New-World-Translation

• blondie
    blondie

Will the 2012 version of the NWT be posted on www.jw.org then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit