The true, unsung hero of the Bible....

by Unlearn 267 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jam
    jam

Thanks tammy for your honesty.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Satans reward to us was knowledge....gods reward to us....death/I mean resurrection....I mean heaven....death to get our reward. Oh thats right, death is our punishment...whats the reward again?

• tec
    tec

You're welcome, Jam.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I am speaking of knowing good AND bad

Knowing of bad before you are ready to know not to choose it... well, that might well lead into you choosing it, or thinking that the consequences might work to your favor, instead of your harm.

You keep leaving out half the point. How does knowing GOOD lead to death? What about knowing good---so you can choose it. You say knowing bad may lead one to choose it. But is that not the same for knowing good? Knowing GOOD and BAD leads to death? Or have you chosen to leave out half of that and say knowing BAD leads to death?

NC

• tec
    tec

They already knew good. They already had life. They had not known death.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

But the sentiment was knowing Good and Bad leads to death. You are rewriting it and saying they already knew good and it was knowing bad that led to death. They were not ready to know bad because they might choose it. It was a tree of knowledge of GOOD and EVIL. The two are not separated, but you separate them. I find that interesting. you are addressing half the issue.

NC

• jam
    jam

In other words if the tree was called the knowledge

of evil only. You wonder why it was good and bad.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Knows, what it sounds like you are describing is knowing the difference between. Knowing good from bad. I am speaking of knowing good AND bad. As in experiencing. An actual knowing. They could not do this without dying.

So if I break this down, and consider that the word AND was used, then I can make two statements.

Experiencing BAD, actually knowing it, leads to death

Experience GOOD, actually knowing it, leads to death

I'm trying to be clear, so forgive the over explanation. You keep saying that knowing BAD leads to death, while disregarding that knowing GOOD was included with an 'and'. So what is applied to BAD is also applied equally to GOOD.

NC

• processor
    processor

Do you have any examples that show him as a friend to man, that combats the ones given to show that he is not?

Sure. He tried to free man from God's tyranny. He wanted that man got to know what God wanted to conceal from him.

Just like modern freedom fighters and dissidents - governments (e. g. the Chinese one) try to conceal information from their people, and dissidents try to reveal it.

Incidentally: Did Satan really lie?

God said: "As for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die."

Was that true? No. They did not die "in the day" they ate.

Satan said: "You positively will not die. For God knows that in the very day of your eating from it your eyes are bound to be opened and you are bound to be like God, knowing good and bad."

Was that true? Yes. They did not die until some 900 years later, definitely not "in the day" they ate as claimed by God. Also, their eyes were opened, and they did become "knowing good and bad" (God himself later confirmed that "man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad").

So, God was the liar in Eden, not Satan.
  • Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I've only read a few of the posts, but I have to agree, although I've never given this THAT much thought. But I think Satan was kind of a hero, in a way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit