The true, unsung hero of the Bible....

by Unlearn 267 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

Knows, what it sounds like you are describing is knowing the difference between. Knowing good from bad. I am speaking of knowing good AND bad. As in experiencing. An actual knowing. They could not do this without dying.

But lets say for argument's sake that it means what you think. (though I disagree) Knowing of bad before you are ready to know not to choose it... well, that might well lead into you choosing it, or thinking that the consequences might work to your favor, instead of your harm.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

SO, you stated Adam, Eve, and old Job.
    give me the various other exampes in the Bible where Satan was 'no friend to man'.
    name names.
    Ah, but here's the catch: no fair if it's GOD saying that Satan was being unfriendly.
    i want real, objective examples of Satan's rank and unfriendly disposition towards man.

ready?
    GO!

Why do I have to give you any other examples? Those examples show him as no friend to man. Do you have any examples that show him as a friend to man, that combats the ones given to show that he is not?

Peace,

tammy

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

They could not do this without dying.

? Pain let's you know if something is bad. In fact, we are built to understand pain (at least most of us, sorry psychopaths).

Touch is the one sense we could not live without, we would die without it, and understanding pain precisely prevents us from continuing that harmful course.

Knowing of bad before you are ready to know not to choose it... well, that might well lead into you choosing it, or thinking that the consequences

might work to your favor, instead of your harm.

God essentially created two adults with the minds of children. There is something about that that just doesn't seem right.

• tec
    tec

Death falls under the heading of bad. Hence, knowing bad = knowing death. (If you eat, you will die... consequence, not punishment) Death can also be of a spiritual nature. Christ taught it as such, as well as life as a spiritual nature.

God essentially created two adults with the minds of children. There is something about that that just doesn't seem right.

Maybe we need to learn things, rather than just having everything downloaded, so to speak. Just a thought.

Peace,

tammy

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

God's laws regarding homosexuality, slavery, a misogynistic attitude towards women, etc etc (i could go on and you KNOW this) show that Jehuvah/Yaweh is no friend to men, either.
    depending on what kind of human being you are, i suppose.

i wont debate anymore. i love you with a universal love, because we are all connected. I am in you and you are in me...we always have been and always will be. i love you.

but, i made a promise to myself to never argue 'faith' again.
    not a fair fight: im bounded by logic and facts.
    those are details the person of 'faith' doesnt have to sweat. ;)

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    (If you eat, you will die... consequence, not punishment)

Not quite. There was no point in eating, unless it garnered some benefit. God "adorned" the tree, made it provocative. God made it provocative, but then put a warning up.

Go on, tell your son specifically not to draw on the wall with a crayon, and see what happens. Worse, if there is an older sibling doing it, watch how the younger one is tempted even more.

Maybe we need to learn things, rather than just having everything downloaded, so to speak. Just a thought.

Sure, learn first hand about a snake bite.

• tec
    tec

God's laws

Men's interpretation of God's laws...

In any case, this is another discussion altogether, and I am just as happy not to argue as well.

Peace and love to you too,

Tammy

• jam
    jam

Tec, please explain;

1 Kings 22;23--Now therefore behold, the LORD has put A

laying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets.

Ezekiel 14:9---And if the prophet be deceived when he hath

spoken A thing, I the LORD have DECEIVED that prophet.

2 Thess: 2:11 For this reason GOD send them A powerful

delusion so that they will believe the lie.

We are talking about GOD here, not Satan.

• still thinking
    still thinking

God's laws
    Men's interpretation of God's laws...

Thats all we have...except for the stone tablets written by god.......we can't find them

• tec
    tec

Jam, the OP was purely about Satan. I answered in kind. I do not go through everything written in the OT, because some is not understood, some is mistranslated, some is a result of the 'lying pen of the scribes', etc. Most, though, I think is misunderstood according to the context and culture of the times.

I see God through His Son. Christ is the image of God. Not the OT.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit