The "30 Other Lands" in the Worldwide Report - revealed!

by cedars 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

One thing is clear - an education at Awake university leaves one lacking in the geography skills.

• cedars
    cedars

hey kurtbethel, that's unfair! So I lost a country that's nearly 400,000 square miles in surface area - who hasn't?!

At least I can count, which is more than can be said for the genius who came up with the "30 Other Lands" statistic! lol

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

jookbeard

I thought Sudan was definitely under ban? what is the grand total of population of the 2 sections and what is the probable amount of jw's between them?

The 2012 yearbook lists Sudan in the 2011 worldwide report, obviously just before it split into North and South. The Society give the population then as being 39,154,490, with 1,695 peak publishers. The ratio was 1 publisher to 23,100. It will be interesting to see whether the Society lists the country next year now that it has split.

Cedars

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I noticed that Detroit was missing from the list.

Rub a Dub

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

The muslim world is watchtower-resistant.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Man how depressing is this? If Jehovah is blessing this work, count me out of his blessings.

• Achille
  • cedars
    cedars

Mr Freeze - are you serious about this info being depressing? I see it as quite encouraging. Any evidence that the Society is not enjoying the "global expansion" it claims to be experiencing is heartwarming, because it proves that the future aspirations of the organization are seriously undermined. When coupled with the fact that the Society appears to be undergoing downsizing due to financial hardship, it gives me the impression that the end is in sight - albeit not the "end" that the Society envisioned! They have already hit an almost impenetrable wall in their preaching efforts (a wall that extends from the pacific to the atlantic) and they also appear to have hit a financial impasse. They are not receiving enough donations from wealthier countries to fund the work in so-called "developing" lands.

FrankWTower - yes, both the Muslim world and the communist world appear to be holding their own against the Society's overtures. We are constantly led to believe that the Society is making significant progress in these countries regardless, and the mantra seems to be "the more we are persecuted, the more we flourish". A closer examination of the Society's own figures published in the worldwide report proves that the opposite is true.

Cedars

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I've always thought about the natives in, say, the Amazon. The ones that don't want any outside contact for fear of disease. I wonder what Jehovah plans to do with those heathens?

• BroMac
    BroMac

nice work Cedars

although it is my understanding that there are 3 countries with ZERO witnesses: Afghanistan N Korea Somalia

I heard this from a recording on here of a Creepy sounding assembly speaker. The reason being that Jehovah doesn't want any of his servants to be killed, just to dangerous. He also stated that the GB feel that this scripture - Matt 24:14 - has been fulfilled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit