The "30 Other Lands" in the Worldwide Report - revealed!

by cedars 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

I've just uploaded the third article in my four-part "Under The Microscope" series - looking at the Society's claims to be God's sole channel with mankind. A link is below:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/under-the-microscope-the-watch-tower-societys-claims-to-divine-direction-part-3

A commonly used argument is that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones preaching worldwide. My article attempts to explain that, (1) preaching is by no means an activity exclusive to JWs, and (2) Jehovah's Witnesses are barely scratching the surface when it comes to reaching the entire "inhabited earth" with their message.

I found it particularly interesting when researching the "30 Other Lands" mentioned in the 2011 worldwide report from the latest 2012 Yearbook. Obviously, the Society doesn't name these countries, but through the process of elimination it is fairly straightforward to take an educated guess as to which countries are being referred to.

I propose that they are the following:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bhutan, China, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, North Korea, Kuwait, Laos, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Somalia, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Western Sahara and Yemen.

If that's the case, here is what they look like on a world map:

30 Other Lands

The "30 Other Lands" highlighted in red make up a whopping 16% of the earth's land surface, and account for 1.9 billion people, or 27% of the earth's population. Despite this, last year saw a peak of only 26,272 publishers across these countries combined, which is 1 in every 72,207 people!

And the good news is really being preached "in all the inhabited earth"?

As always, I look forward to your observations and feedback!

Cedars

• sir82
    sir82
    account for 1.9 billion people, or 27% of the earth's population. Despite this, last year saw a peak of only 26,272 publishers across these countries combined

Add to that 1.2 billion in India, with what? 20 or 30,000 publishers, and Bangladesh with another 100 million+ and maybe 100 publishers, and you are approaching 1/2 of the earth's population covered by maybe 50,000 JWs.

Meanwhile, some territories in parts of NYC are covered monthly, or even more often.

As I've said numerous times: If there really were a "Jehovah" as painted by the WTS, and he really did commission them to perform a "worldwide preaching work", he'd annihilate them on the spot for the piss-poor job they are doing.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's easy to sweep details underneath the rug

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks sir82 and wha happened. It is interesting how a seemingly insignificant footnote to the worldwide report highlights how hopelessly ineffective the preaching work is in a great many lands. Even in certain lands where the work is not under ban the Witnesses are hopelessly outnumbered. Does God care less about reaching people in these countries?

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

"Jesus said not all the cities of Israel would be reached before the end, dontcha know."

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Does God care less about reaching people in these countries?

They like to have it both ways..."you will not complete the circuit"..."we must wait on Jehovah to open up these lands", but either way the end is close at hand! Go toil in vain!

• sir82
    sir82
    "Jesus said not all the cities of Israel would be reached before the end, dontcha know."

Yeah, but half?!?!

So what does Jehovah has against Asians, anyway?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    So what does Jehovah has against Asians, anyway?

I believe he also blocked the apostle Paul from going there as well, yet the bible says that the whole world was preached to in the first century. It's all just so stupid and inconsistent.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Wow... not doing as good as what they lead us to believe. Thanks for the info.

Sw

• shepherd
    shepherd

Interesting that the countries are all bunched together along the equator. I guess hot people don't like Jehovah :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit