The "30 Other Lands" in the Worldwide Report - revealed!

by cedars 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat - yes, if you're looking for an internationally positioned publishing company to distribute free literature using millions of volunteer operatives that are relatively evenly spread across the non-arab, non-asian world - then the Watch Tower Society and its Jehovah's Witnesses are for you!

If on the other hand you're looking for an organization that is proclaiming the good news of God's kingdom to every nation, tribe and tongue irrespective of cultural or political boundaries - then look elsewhere. It may seem like JWs are ten-a-penny in our part of the world, but a vast area spanning from the atlantic to the pacific ocean has hardly heard of them, let alone their message.

It isn't a matter of impressive logistics, it's a matter of an effective life-saving preaching work being undertaken in every land. I maintain that the Society's literature repeatedly gives that impression, irrespective of the "smallprint" of the worldwide report, when this portrayal could not be further from the truth - at least in vast swathes of North Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.

I wouldn't want to point any fingers, because I think all kinds should be welcome on here. However, I'm curious - do you consider yourself a semi-apologist?

Cedars

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Good information Cedars. Thanks for putting it together.

You never know what kind of interesting facts, or realities, when presented skillfully will spark a mind to open up and realize it is being held hostage in a religious cult.

Keep up the great work.

I enjoy your posts.

The Oracle

• cedars
    cedars

Blondie - thank you for those quotes, it is very interesting to get the Society's take on things. The last two quotes in particular sound quite undecided, i.e. "maybe Jehovah will open up a door of opportunity, maybe he doesn't need to, who are we to know?" When they say things like "perhaps" and "the bible does not state..." you know they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Saying that "untouched territories still exist" is an understatement when you look at the map I've produced. 27% of the world's population live in the countries under ban alone, and I haven't yet figured out the global percentages for the countries not under ban but with infinitesimal publisher figures. Bangladesh alone is the 8th most populous country in the world, and the ratio there is 1 publisher to 1 million.

It seems that, from the quotes you've provided, the Society offers no real explanation as to why 27% of the world's population doesn't need to be witnessed to. They would rather shrug their shoulders, understate the numbers, and sidestep the issue altogether. Either way, it's contradictory of the urgency they attach to the preaching work in general.

Your thoughts?

Cedars

[edit post: thanks Oracle - praise from an Oracle is praise indeed! I'm glad you like the info.]

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If on the other hand you're looking for an organization that is proclaiming the good news of God's kingdom to every nation, tribe and tongue irrespective of cultural or political boundaries - then look elsewhere.

Where exactly? Who publish in more languages than Jehovah's Witnesses? Or preach in more lands? Or are more evenly spread across different sorts of cultures? They have made significant inroads in some non-Christian cultures, notably Japan, South Korea, Kazakhstan, and to a lesser extent Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Thailand, Israel, Lebanon, Turkey and elsewhere.

Also the Watchtower has often stated that reports from banned countries may be incomplete. Certainly we know historically that some countries have emerged from bans with larger numbers of Witnesses than might previously been inferred, such as Cuba that reported something like 80,000 publishers the first year the ban was lifted.

I don't consider myself a semi-apologist because on the important issue I agree with most others here - that JWs are not God's special people. That doesn't mean I agree with every accusation made against them however, no matter how half-baked.

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat - when I said "look elsewhere" I was being sarcastic. I wasn't venturing an opinion that a people exists that fit that description. In my opinion there are no such people, and in all likelihood never will be.

You seem to be switching into JW "look at how great we are" mode. It doesn't matter how many languages the literature is printed in or in how many countries JWs are present. What matters from a doctrinal perspective is that all nations and peoples of the Earth are reached with this supposedly life-saving message.

On the one hand you're thinking like a JW when it comes to defending them, but on the other hand you're not thinking like a JW when it comes to understanding the entire purpose and intended scope of the preaching work.

The map on page 2 speaks for itself, JWs are virtually absent in a vast swathe of the planet representing 27% of the population. From the perspective of a worldwide preaching campaign, do you find that acceptable? As I mentioned in my blog article, it's like going on the ministry and missing out every fourth door, but that's happening on a global scale. I'm not sure your standards meet with the divine standards tacitly endorsed by the Society.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat - by way of lightening the tone, I thought I would add... when reflecting on your post Bruce Forsyth popped into my head.

I guess you sounded like Bruce would sound, congratulating the Society even though they've essentially failed in their endeavor...

bruce forsyth

Cedars

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Slim,

The only thing I can credit the WTS for is the lies that they spread in many languages

" Some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete end of the present wicked world"______Reasoning book page 200

And

" The " generation " that was alive at the beginning of the fullfilment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short."______Reasoning book page 239

what you should be askin' is

Who spread more lies in many languages than Jehovah's Witnesses ??? or lie in more lands ??? or spread lies across different cultures????

Yes , they rank #1

I have my "Theocratic" armour, the Reasoning book, the english version of lies

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Slim,

balls in your court, what ya got ??????

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes they teach lies. I don't know why you think I'd argue otherwise or what your point is. And what do points make? Good game, good game!

As for you cedars it's nice to see you jesting, to see you jesting nice.

I'd repeat that comment for emphasis, but you don't get anything for a pair, no not in this game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit