Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

but people would value life more than they do with a god...because this is it folks.

You do not know that. Some people value life more because they know that it is precious to their Lord or God. That one life is not more important than another because all are important to God.

Personally the less I believe there is a god...the more I value the life I have....strange that.

But this is you. It is not me, or anyone else. You can only speak for you.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Are we to assume that this is the only allowance that was made?

Of course not. He allowed rapists to buy their victims from their fathers. They were hard hearted you see, so there had to be some kind of honorable out.

He allowed for genocide.

He allowed for slave ownership, but for only so much beating. I know this was an imposition on free will and all, but somehow he found it in his heart not to okay beating them to death. Only to the point of serious injury. Mercy is the key.

He allowed for non-virgins to be stoned. It really used to piss of men of old to think they had a virgin but to be denied. It would seem that a good stoning was justice.

Lots, and lots of allowances.

Never mind. I already know. That wasn't really god's word. It was man's perversion of it. We must be very careful when selected exactly which parts of the bible to believe and excuse. It would be a serious stupid step to not use my own judgement over the judgement of Jesus, who quoted from so many of the scriptures that christians dismiss.

Eating Shellfish is an abomination! I happen to agree with that one. Yuck.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Eating Shellfish is an abomination! I happen to agree with that one. Yuck.

BLASPHEMY!

(...making plans for Lobster-fest next weekend....)

• still thinking
    still thinking

So did god allow for the hard hearts by telling them to take an eye for an eye? why not just give them the golden rule in the first place? Surely that would be a lot easier to follow than a myriad of rules...

And if I discern that my child is beating an animal to death...should I determine that their heart is hard so beat them to death for it....or, should I teach them the golden rule? which would be easier?

Seems like a very round about way to get to something simple.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I love shellfish!...yummmmmm

• still thinking
    still thinking
    That one life is not more important than another because all are important to God.

So does that mean YOU would value life less if there was no god?

I think life is valuable....god or no god.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Personally the less I believe there is a god...the more I value the life I have....strange that....still thinking
    But this is you. It is not me, or anyone else. You can only speak for you....tec

Yes....hence the words Personally and I

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Me too, tell me this doesn't look tasty.

And don't forget about all the delicious bacon that they had to miss out on for the mellenias. Life without those all those silly rules seems pretty good.

Come to think of it I wonder what bacon wrapped lobster would taste like...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yummmmmmmm....I'm hungry

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

WHERE IS THE PANCHEN LAMA?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit