Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Sure its unproven. So?

If God wants people to do things his way, wouldn't having some proof really be the best start to that reality in this scientific age?

• tec
    tec

Would you regard the bible as prison that should be broken free from too?

It can be, if it is used as such.

I know that I had to set it aside for a while... praying in spirit, trusting God to guide me to where HE wanted me to be. There was great freedom in that. I don't know if I have the words to describe the utter relief and freedom and peace that I found in that.

If so what rules should and should be followed and where can they reliably be found for ALL? Do you think that it is Gods responsibility to provide that? If so why hasn't he yet?

Well, do unto others as you would have them do unto you is a pretty universal law. Variations of it run through different religions from different times and places. Wise men from all over have been proponents of not paying back wrong for wrong; though that is also covered by the golden rule.

If we all know of the golden rule, and anyone with compassion and even a modicum of wisdom can see the truth in it... well, it seems to me that God did provide a universal rule, and managed to communicate it to all of us.

God also provided us with His Son. He is also known about in all the major religions; and considered a prophet even by those who do not consider him the Son of God... simply based upon his teachings - by word and deed.

Peace,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I don't think 3/5 of the worlds population has any clue about what you just mentioned. Does God just not love them as much? Does he favor one nation over another?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Of course 'God' also provided for us...an eye for an eye....but don't let that stop you believing that EVERYTHING GOD says is true and real.

Seems like God had a change of heart wih 'HIS' golden rule....But then he is god after all...when he's wrong he's right and when he's right he's right.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

tec wrote:

So if God does ex ist, one who has both power and wisdom, then He IS doing what should be done. He is the only one who knows. Just because you or I might not understand or see it, does not mean that what is needed to be done... is not being done. In fact, if such a God e xists, then what is needed to be done... IS... being done. Whether we see or acknowledge that or not.

I'm sorry I forgot about that part of the definition of God. In addition to all-powerful and all-benevolent, you have just reminded me of the trump card above, all-wise. Wiser than humans are, so if we humans use our intellect to reason that the all-powerful and all-benevolent parts do not make sense when we look at the world around us, just remember the all-wise part. His ways are higher than our ways. God works in mysterious ways. Yes, there is the trapdoor to exit in a puff of smoke. You have dealt yourself a perfect hand. The question in the title of this thread has just been responded to with a Christian apologist answer. Why is the video wrong? It is wrong because God is defined to be always doing the right thing even if you don't understand or see it, because His wisdom is higher than your wisdom. Pardon me while I go puke.

• tec
    tec

I don't think 3/5 of the worlds population has any clue about what you just mentioned.

Which part of what I mentioned? The golden rule part?

Seems like God had a change of heart wih 'HIS' golden rule

It is our undertanding of Him and what He wants that changes; not God Himself.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Exodus 21

20 “If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, 21 but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property. ....NICE!

22 “If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely e but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. 23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise. I like the way this is not considered serious injury...but anywho

Or

Matthew 5

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ g 39 But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41 If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. ....you have heard it is said...but that is nonsense...listen to what I say, I know, they talked crap.

You are right...it is our understanding.....men wrote the book or books.

How could it not be our understanding. Then again...if this is what god said....he contradicts himself....very human of him...

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    You are right...it is our understanding.....men wrote the book or books.
    How could it not be our understanding. Then again...if this is what god said....he contradicts himself....very human of him...

Still Thinking, don't bother.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    If you conclude that God doesn't exist, then that leaves it up to us, doesn't it?...ding

Yes...and would anything be any different tomorrow if we all came to that conclustion...probably not...the people that want to help would still help...the people that don't won't....but people would value life more than they do with a god...because this is it folks.

Personally the less I believe there is a god...the more I value the life I have....strange that.

This could possibly be the one of the few truths in the bible...

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten.

• tec
    tec

Pardon me while I go puke.

Don't puke on my account, lol.

It just makes sense that someone who has seen humans over however many millenium... how we treat one another; what we learn from; what we choose under different circumstances, etc... has a bit broader perspective, wisdom, and eperience than a being who lives for perhaps a hundred years, with a limited pov and limited e x perience.

People want God to do something. They don't know what. They just want Him to know what to do and to do it. But then assume that He is not doing it... whatever 'it' might be.

Still, did God give those rules in E x odus, or did Moses... perhaps out of the need to create a rule because of the abuses being done? Damage control, so to speak?

Christ said that Moses gave the law and allowance in the law on divorce because of the hard hearts of the people. Are we to assume that this is the only allowance that was made?

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit