Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

How? How would you stop them from hurting one another if they were so inclined?

So would you say that god is more powerful than cantleave? How about smarter? Are you saying that this god who stands back with all this power and wisdom cannot figure out a way? Soooooo many limits to this one.

And still, none of this addressed the points in the video. It all seems to be the same. I guess god hands out freewill to take the freewill away from others. God never fails. Only humans do. Magic doesn't fail either. Why---it's like having no god at all. If one person cries out, it's just not enough. He's only into it when it comes to destroying entire towns or flooding the earth. But for one person, they may as well not cry out at all. God will not intervene. Call 911! Humans have a higher standard.

• tec
    tec

So would you say that god is more powerful than cantleave? How about smarter? Are you saying that this god who stands back with all this power and wisdom cannot figure out a way?

Yes, so He probably knows better than any of us what should be done; and he has more power of how to help those who have been hurt, as well as bring as many as can be brought to peace and to life. God knows the way. We do not. We should be concentrating on what we can do to help those hurting, and prevent it in the future.

I guess god hands out freewill to take the freewill away from others.

That is on us, not God. If we choose to abuse a gift given to us (as we have with every gift given to us, including this planet), then that is on us. And God is not evil. So how can he do evil, to prevent evil?

You know, those who belong to Him tend not to blame Him for the crimes that others commit against them.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well not everyone actually gets that gift. God allows people to take free will away from others. So they are at a disadvantage. Children in abusive homes actually don't have free will. Sex slaves don't have free will. Slaves throughout history (as condoned by the bible) didn't have free will. So this free will is a gift thing just doesn't hold any water. Only certain people really have free will, and they are free to take the will of others. Wow. Thanks.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

NC wrote:

Only certain people really have free will, and they are free to take the will of others. Wow. Thanks.

The stronger and nastier people are the ones given the gift of free will. They take away the free will of the weaker ones, and God doesn't put a stop to their behavior. By not stopping them, God is favoring the free will of the stronger ones and sacrificing the free will of the weaker ones. God will supposedly fix the situation some day, but it has been a long time.

• satinka
    satinka

I heard a good one today: "A mind is like a parchute. It only works when open."

satinka

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I know a saying too. If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Tec's answer, as I understand it from post 8879 on page 1, to the question "why does God allow evil" is:

"We could govern by serving one another. He has taught us how to do so. . . . we have what we have created ourselves."

One problem I have with this answer is her use of the word "we." In the case of the woman getting beat up on the street, the woman is innocent. She is not part of a "we" that created the scenario in which she is getting beat up. She did not create the situation in which the attacker beats her up. Neither did her child.

So the question remains: Why does God allow an innocent person to be harmed? The innocent person did not bring the harm upon him/herself. Using the word "we" to include the innocent in sharing the blame for the crimes of the wicked is simply incorrect.

Meanwhile, God has the power to rescue the innocent person from the hands of the attacker, yet he does not. Why?

• Terry
    Terry

What WE set in motion we are accountable for.

If WE are accountable, then, why not the one who set US in motion?

If a builder constructs a stadium that later collapses, then, the builder is sued to hold them accountable.

God is the builder of the world of mankind.

Man is either self-responsible or self-irresponsible. And yet--we are told humanity is infected from birth with Original Sin.

This invalidates our thinking and behavior from the womb! Does this mean we are NOT accountable or that we

will be held accountable even if we are unable from birth to make good decisions?

Which is it?

If you broke it you pay for it. This is accountability. Otherwise known as JUSTICE.

We hold the one who breaks things responsible.

If you didn't break it you are not the one who pays. Otherwise that would be INjustice.

Still with me?

So, which is better? Justice or Injustice? Holding the doer of bad deeds accountable or letting them go scot-free?

If you say Justice is better then why is GRACE such a wonderful doctrine?

The sinner gets off scot-free.

Oh, that isn't INjustice, you say, it is Mercy.

Is Mercy just another word for NOT BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE?

Why not hold God accountable too?

Every game has referees. When rules are violated penalties are exacted or else the game is chaotic and no Win is possible.

Is God qualified to referee?

He "forgives" penalities an allows the game to continue.

• tec
    tec

I am waiting for cantleave or one of you to answer the questions that I asked about how you would stop your adult children from hurting one another.

If a builder constructs a stadium that later collapses, then, the builder is sued to hold them accountable.

Not if the building came with maintenance instructions that were ignored, and the building itself abused despite warnings as to what would happen if done.

As to mercy, I think we should never begrudge God the mercy he shows to anyone. We might just want and be grateful for it for ourselves.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

How would I keep my adult children in line if one was hurting the other. Well that depends on the circumstances. I had a cousin that got out of line, and I called his brother. That was the only stop I took before calling the police. I didn't have to call the police, because his brother was able to get control of the situation. If no one is available, or if it is more serious, I will call the police.

NO WAY do I stand by, throw up my hands, and say "oh well, he's an adult. What can I do?" NO UNACCEPTABLE.

It's a silly analogy, because we are speaking of the all powerful anyway. No police needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit