Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding
    I think if he really is there he has a responsiblity to confirm he is there, and that he is interested. This would not solve all of the problems but would at least hopefully take care of some big ones.

Many people believe he has confirmed that he is there and that he is interested. Many do not believe this. Must he satisfy every person of this? If not, what standard should be applied? What exactly would it take to convince you personally? How much would be sufficient?

• still thinking
    still thinking
    God gave us this planet

Really? who says so?

It has been written that when enough people have cried out to God (of those who belong to Him, I think... or perhaps anyone), He has intervened - or at least he has 'investigated'; turned his eye upon what is happening to create such an outcry.

Oh...it was written.....must be true then...since there is no other evidence that this statement is true.

He will put an end to these things. He has said so.

Oh he SAID so....did he tell you this directly? or was this in a book written by people? How do you know god SAID anything?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

What good would it do if only some people knew that an authority (e.g. police) was really there? Not only would it be stupid it would make others feel excluded and somehow diminished. It is illogical that a God who is supposed to personify love would do things that way. Yet that is what many of the Christians on this forum submit that he does albeit in a very roundaboout way. How can any thinking and rational person accept such utter nonsense?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I find it crazy that i'm going to say this... but the WTS interpretation about God destroying things and starting over and protecting those who remain loyal makes much more sense, then this idea that this world and governments will remain while children starve while he only talks to a few and uses them to fix the world; it doesn't add up, and actually makes God look worse any way you look at it. That would mean dbags like Goerge Bush were actually doing Gods will. Think about it.

• tec
    tec

I don't think he should prevent it all just like the teacher of the class does not prevent all verbal bullying. I think if he really is there he has a responsiblity to confirm he is there, and that he is interested. This would not solve all of the problems but would at least hopefully take care of some big ones. And him being all knowing he should know what needs to be done to find that good balance.

He did confirmed it in the past. Didn't seem to have changed anything. People act on what is within them. So it is what is within people that needs to change. Following rules out of fear of consequences does not make people better. People had rules (Israel) and belief in God... and how many still hurt one another? People still have rules and consequences and cannot follow them. It solves nothing. It is more of a tyranny, imo, and the same people who are railing about what they think is inactivity, would then also rail about the tyrant god.

Perhaps God wants us to be able to know how live in peace, serving one another because we have love and light within us... and not because we are afraid of being punished by Him?

Perhaps He IS doing what needs doing for that to unfold.

Human children always resent fathers that were never there why should it be any different with God? Since he hasn't shown himself in 2,000 if you believe in that, then maybe it's time to stop worrying about what the hell he thinks and be free and advance freedom.

Christ is freedom.

Religion and rules and doctrines and fear of punishment, etc... that is not freedom, and we should break free and come out of 'her'. I agree with you there.

Peace,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    He did confirmed it in the past. Didn't seem to have changed anything.

Unproven.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Christ is freedom.

Not for the rape victim, the starving child, the enslaved. But the powerful are certainly free.

• tec
    tec

Unproven.

Sure its unproven. So? It is not hard to show that people who believe He is real (even those who believe in the consequence of hell) still break his commands, and justify that to themselves. So its not that big of a stretch, imo.

Not for the rape victim, the starving child, the enslaved. But the powerful are certainly free.

Thanks to men, yes. Crimes. But one can find freedom in Christ, regardless of what crimes are committed against them. And one can (and many do) find peace and strength in Him despite their suffering.

One can also have freedom from hate. Freedom from anger. Freedom from grudges; or lack of forgiveness. One can be free to love and to show mercy and to forgive all people including all who wrong them, nevermind that the world might say it is stupid or wrong to love or show mercy to some people.

Peace,

tammy

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Religion and rules and doctrines and fear of punishment, etc... that is not freedom, and we should break free and come out of 'her'. I agree with you there.

I'm happy we can at least agree on that, unfortunately many other Christians and Muslims don't share that view. They stick to the texts.

Would you regard the bible as prison that should be broken free from too? If so what rules should be followed and where can they reliably be found for ALL and ensure they have access to it? Do you think that it's a reasonable responsibility that the designer provide that? If so why hasn't he yet?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't think starving babies really have the option to think about forgiveness, and love, and mercy. They only know misery. It must be incredibly ironic to them if they get old enough to hear how very much this god loves them and counts the hairs on their head and knows about sparrows and such. Incredibly ironic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit