More Watch Tower Cost Cutting!!! Smaller Magazine to be Announced

by cantleave 230 Replies latest members private

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

End of Gilead missionaries? When did that happen?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

SIMON -

You should change this site's name from "Jehovahs-witness.net" to "JW.net" - it will then PRECEDE their official site aphabetically in a web search!

HB

• steve2
    steve2

I had not heard that the Gilead training of missionaries had stopped. When did this occur?

• sir82
    sir82
    I had not heard that the Gilead training of missionaries had stopped. When did this occur?

Announced in the KM 2 or 3 months ago.

"Gilead school" still exists, but it will train current missionaries, COs, and DOs (and their wives). Graduates will be sent to problem areas to "build up" struggling JW congregations.

There is a new school, "Bible School for Christian Couples", which will cover in an abbreviated format the old Gilead curriculum. However, its graduates will not be sponsored as missionaries in other countries. They could be sent to other countries, but will be on their own for living expenses.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The WTS has to save money for their building expansion in upper N.Y. I found the Awake more enjoyable reading than the WT.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

No matter what the change, they always spin it as a good thing, spirit-directed straight from God himself and most of the mind-numbed idiots believe it. Does it ever get old?

• Gayle
    Gayle

JWs won't have any concern about the 'public' WT and Awake having pages cut in half. They know people don't read any of it anyway, some occasionally will say they read maybe an article (just to be nice.) But, they will think a sheeplike one could read the shortened magazine and get the spark of the "truth" anyway at least.

Years ago the WTS printed many large books and for some time been just making small books. Everybody is fine with that. I don't think any are crying for those large books of long ago.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

With a comment like this in the letter ...

The Governing Body has noted the growing tendency for people to obtain reading material from the Internet

... they must have expected this reading material to be available on the net!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Difficult. On one hand I don't think they can get rid of the WT and Awake/Asleep totally, as both mags are nearly as old as the Bible, and, I'm sure in the minds of many JWs they're on a par with (if not superior to) the Bible. R&F have difficulty separating JW literature from the Bible. On the other hand, would JWs perceive less literature (the FDS must be exhausted) as being a 'sign' (let's face it, they look for 'signs' everywhere) of impending Last Days?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I did not know they gave up sponsoring Gilead missionaries. That's got to be a hugely significant cut back.

It's as if they are just giving up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit