More Watch Tower Cost Cutting!!! Smaller Magazine to be Announced

by cantleave 230 Replies latest members private

• baltar447
    baltar447

Of which, a third of those are probably ex-jws

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Go lighter, and smaller is the way to go

I can't stand it when I see a speaker holding up a huge Bible.....it reminds me so much of a flashy Salesman in a different sense. Kinda in a sense how the flashy salesman flashes his fancy car, jewellry, expensive clothing to give you the image that he's doing alright, so why not listen to him. This huge big bible, is sending the message...look at how big my bible is, I must really love and live by this book, eh?

I see some coming into the KH with such large brief cases. Some bring books that we don't even need to discuss during that evening. These books are so big Their bags must be heavy.

I believe in just bringing what is required. I am seriously considering just bring an IPAD.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Baltar,

Maybe more than half are ex-JWs. I go there to get PDF copies of the mags and latest pubs for review and archiving. We must be hitting them pretty hard because they keep removing older publications they used to include online. My guess is that some JWs go online to listen to the MP3 versions of the study articles so that they don't have to go to the KH and sit through another boring meeting.

JV

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I have yet to hear of an announcement where the dubs finally said, "ok, enough of the crazy pills." It will get sucked up in one breath, and thus a new policy is in place.

• mP
    mP

As we all know there are many articles that contain downright mistakes and contradictions and evidence of flip flops on various doctrines. In a perfect world im sure WTS would love the opportunity to remove these texts from publication. Its not a good idea to allow the public to do their own research and verify that these mistakes exist. They have tried their best by not reprinting really old stuff or making available old WT and A on CD and so on.

Encouraging JW to download WT and A from the internet is also a problem, because it means they know need a connection, and tehres nothing to stop them wondering and finding other interesting Bible and WTS items to read. Rather than the UN the real anti christ for the WTS is the internet. The UN is not a challenge or opponent to the WTS, but the internet will eliminate them, its only a matter of when.

Is this the end of the printed form of all mags and books, i believe so. Perhaps they will encourage JW to use Kindles, then they can delete or expire files and have total control over old mistake ridden publications.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

They're painting themselves in a corner.

It saves money to reduce the size of the mags, if that keeps up eventually everything will be a download.

Without publications what would Dubs offer door-to-door?

They can't have a bible study without there pubs!

• mP
    mP

00DAD

They dont even go witnessing these days. I saw some the other day while walking the dogs and they were walking so slowly up and down a very quiet dead end street, draggint their feet and chatting between themselves. They didnt go inside any house or flats or anything. I dont know why they were there.

• Scott77
    Scott77

" please inform the publishers to keep this information confidental and not to inform others who will have their meeting on Sunday April 8, 2012. "
    JW Org

That is Cult Classic at its best. If its to be kept confidential, how its then posted on the internet?

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

What I want to know is, did we miss an announcement announcing this announcement about the announcement to be announced in April?
    Amelia Ashton

LOL @ Amelia Ashton

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What excuse will they give for the cutback, high gas prices?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit