More Watch Tower Cost Cutting!!! Smaller Magazine to be Announced

by cantleave 230 Replies latest members private

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Was just trying to wrap my mind around what these new mags will look like physically. . .

Do you realize they will be literally just 8 sheets of paper? That's it! Eight sheets of paper. That doesn't even qualify as a pamphlet.

What a sorry-looking set of "magazines" this is going to be!

• sinis
    sinis

Talked to a still believing family member yesterday about it. They said they already new about the change... hmmmmmmmmmmm...

They further added that they do not see this as a big thing - that Jehober must have his reasons for having the GB make the changes.

Jesus, good or bad, its always a win-win with the Dubs...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm wondering if it would be worth going to the 'special talk' just to hear that announcement. I haven't been to a meeting in over 6 months. Maybe I'll see what the WT study is about...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Jeff, we have the letter's scan in english, spanish and portuguese. What more language are you waiting for?

Until a couple posts after yours JM, I had not seen any links to download it. Thank you, Diamondiiz.

Jeff

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    I'm wondering if it would be worth going to the 'special talk' just to hear that announcement.

... and, bring along your copy of 1968 Awake! and compare notes

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

NO BILLY!

You are doing so good! I have not been to a meeting since the convention in May. I will go the memorial since it is not in a KH but that's it!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wannabefree - If you have that 1968 magazine you should definitely bring it!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Do you realize they will be literally just 8 sheets of paper? That's it! Eight sheets of paper.

Or even just 4 sheets with a fold down the middle.

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

Absolutely George! 4 sheets!!!! Just like the Junk mail I get through my door everyday.........

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I know that with 11 pages of comments and thoughts on this topic, it has probably already been mentioned, but I got to thinking about this.

By going to an internet-based publication, and reducing the printed material, do they realize that there are many in their church that do not even know how to use the internet? I'm talking about the older ones, I guess my age or older (50's on up).

As has been stated, the wtbts has 'demonized' the internet, and so older ones have not even bought a computer. If they own a computer, chances are that it was many years ago, pre-internet, and it would be putting a strain on it to get it onto the internet.

This next bit is more of a... hmmm... I wonder if... type of question. How are those up in charge at headquarters taking this? Do you think that they would be sitting in front of a computer reading the latest magazine on-line? Some of those folks are up in years, and probably can't even spell 'internet', much less figure out how to use a computer. Periond.

I may be exagerating a bit, but hopefully you get the point.

It's not only those at headquarters. There are a lot of older ones in the local kingdom halls that may be hard pressed to be able to use a computer.

The younger ones will have no problems getting to a computer and going online. Heck, they've been doing it for years.

Now, I realize that there is already some that have to interface with hq using a computer, but I'd be willing to wager that they have those instructions typed up on a card and are not sure what to do if things don't go according to their instructions. (If they have kids, they would call them in to help them figure it out.)

I don't mean to be putting anyone down, but I've seen older folks and computers. My m-i-l is one that can barely use her cell phone (or home phone with its' built-in answering machine). She wants a computer (she doesn't own one yet), but has not had any exposure to computers, and would be deathly afraid to press any buttons, lest she would 'break' it.

I guess the visionaries in jw-land could start 'computer literacy' classes for the computer-challenged. They'll also probably be selling computer systems to those who need them.

Just my .02 worth.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit